Weirdness Surrounding The Basketball Program.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, May 7, 2013.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If Cheek and DiPietro are still running things come next week, I'm never giving UT a dime til they are gone. Utter disgrace.

2. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

We couldn't be so lucky, they'd just say she wasn't their hire but we've got a solid replacement from UofF or Illinois

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Until folks realize how systemic this all is, and to both the depth and height that it reaches, a dual-task which has thus far eluded the vast majority of Tennesseeans, things will never change.

Perhaps the long-held practice (D's and R's before anyone thinks either party commands the high ground - there's none to be had, here)of appointing members to the Board of Trustees based almost entirely on the size of their campaign contributions and zeal of their political cronyism isn't the best approach to take, after all. As long as we continue to do so, the results which it produces will remain unchanged, at best, and only grow larger, at worst.

It truly is a system run absolutely amok, as Hat says, from the top down.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DGS? We'll let KB be the judge of that.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

When I first learned that was the way it was done, I was dumbfounded.

6. Tenacious D

Serious question: What's the left-leaning site that lists individual campaign contributions? I know I've seen something on the KNS database where you can search, also. But do a quick cross- reference of BOT members to one of those databases and see what you find.

Prepare to be sick.

7. Tenacious D

8. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I can't say how many times I've made this claim. In the end, I'm like an abused girl that keeps going back to her husband. No matter how many times these administrators bone me, I continue to run back after a brief hiatus just to be letdown again.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I think the problems UT faces are those of all, large, corporate structures. In a way, I'm amazed it works as well as it does. (Have you ever wondered, sitting in class at UT, what keeps your professor from just ditching the semester, giving everyone As, and hanging out at OCI)?

The impersonal-ness of such a work environment engenders a shirking of responsibility that we see at the highest bureaucratic levels (CIA, State Dept., Financial institutions). UT is not really the exception but the norm, current leadership notwithstanding. Stories coming out of other research universities make this rumor not even that alluring by comparison.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I pulled the plug on baseball when they hired Degreeless Dave. I'll have no problem dumping the rest.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good grief.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

OpenSecrets.org: Money in Politics -- See Who's Giving & Who's Getting

13. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

I'm so excited to see heads roll over this.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Unfortunately it'll probably just be the fans heads like always

15. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Maybe someone on here can offer a redemption song, of sorts, and really drive online conversation about the disaster our sports program is, by using this story, coupled with the other goings on, to demand a change at the top. Constantly referencing our Gruden infamy, under the guise of exposing the lies, missteps, and, yes, smokescreen involved in that and every other newsworthy event we've suffered directly because of the current administration. Is anyone up to lead? Do we have an extremely inteliigent and verbose insider who can provide information and whip smart insight?

16. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Somehow, I have heard absolutely no one link the reported "facts" of Golden's relationship with the director of Student Judicial Affairs with the plagiarism reports. I suspect that not many people are aware that plagiarism is handled by, you guessed it, Student Judicial Affairs. This type of corruption and outright cheating, if there is something to what I am implying, could bring very severe penalties. Especially if there were more athletes involved...

17. Tenacious D

From the KNS:

KNOXVILLE — The University of Tennessee has fired its director of student judicial affairs, saying she had refused to cooperate with an investigation into whether she had inappropriate relationships with student-athletes.

Jenny Wright, who has been at UT since 2001, attempted to resign Thursday in lieu of cooperating with the school’s investigation, but UT’s general counsel refused to accept it.

She was given the option of coming in at 9 a.m. today to address her status. Wright failed to show, and the university informed her today she was terminated.

The university’s investigation is ongoing. Officials declined to release any documents related to the probe, and it’s unclear which athletes might be involved. (emphasis mine)

This is troubling.

Link: UT fires head of student judicial affairs amid probe over relationships with athletes; lawyer doesn't know investigation specifics » Knoxville News Sentinel Mobile

18. Tenacious D

Correct. The 'AA would not care one whit if the cheating occurred because you were banging someone who refused to investigate charges of plagiarism (if that's what happened), than if the AD simply hired someone to write your papers - its the same net result, an imperiled status as a student-athlete, and all that such could entail, IMO.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

But seriously, **** us, right?