Weirdness Surrounding The Basketball Program.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, May 7, 2013.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Pillow? Ever the romantic.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Some of it.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I can only imagine what's next.

4. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Josh Briscoe may be involved

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

that's encouraging

6. Tenacious D

First, I can't speak for Hat, and have no idea what he knows.

Secondly, consider that this may have been the most encouraging thing he could possibly say right now.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

8. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

That could mean anything from the smallest secondary violation, to.... I will not give an example, for fear that it will come true.

Can you either post or PM me a broad, general clue as to what looms?

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Bruce Pearl sex tape.

10. Tenacious D

NYYVol refers to that as his "highlight reel".

11. Tenacious D

Pooch - I have no idea. Zero.

I'm just saying that when Hat says, "some of it" has come out, pay attention to both what he says...and maybe even what he doesn't say. Personally, I would have preferred he said, "Yes" to your question regarding whether or not all that he has been hearing, has surfaced. That he said "some of it" is undoubtedly true, and may be telling. He's not going to create problems that may never see the light of day, to be sure, if there are any lurking somewhere.

Again, I don't know anything, sorry if I sounded as if I was implying otherwise.

12. Tenacious D

Warmer...

13. PoochPunt3rdDown

An Alimony hair salon franchise in Sevier County looms...

14. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I spent yesterday hanging out in the office with a staff at a D1 school (not UT). Even though I have several friends that coach, I had no idea the crap they have to go through to keep kids eligible, out of trouble etc... a very small part of their job is actually basketball related.

The coach I'm closest to on this staff spent the afternoon dealing with a kid who stopped going to class because him and his girlfriend broke up and he's now in danger of failing his classes and the team is going to take a huge APR hit. The coach was on the phone with professors, counselors, advisers, dept heads etc... it was terrible!!

Having to depend on teenagers (for the most) to make good decisions because your job depends on it is no way to live. Do not envy these guys. And that was just one academic issue he was dealing with, there were a couple more to.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this is why a lot of guys will jump at any nfl chance.

16. PoochPunt3rdDown

The brief calm before the real storm.....

17. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

There's always one

18. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

My thoughts

I and of itself, a couple players banging a female is not a real big deal. The issue lies in if they were getting something in return from her position of power which I haven't seen any reference to at this point however, with the forced transfer of Golden and the quick termination of the female, I think there is a lot more to it than just being a side piece

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I reckon this has gone without saying.

20. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Probably but the depth is going to be interesting meaning what type of benefits they were getting especially academic misconduct type stuff and how many players were involved