Worley Named Starter.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Aug 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

He threw for under 500 yards in his career. Worley threw for over 600 as a true freshman. I don't know how that equals significantly better.

2. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Considering our QB recruiting this year, that gets pretty scary. Lots of time, though.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I never said an injury was faked. I just think its duration and extent may have been exaggerated. And this, to help Helton save face and give Manning a cushion. But way to exaggerate what I said almost beyond recognition.

4. Hobock

Hobock New Member

Almost. Who was concerned with Helton saving face? The fact that you were alive at the time, and vaguely remember anything at all about that season, doesn't give you the right to re-write yourself into concrete dumbassery.

5. limpleg

If the staff thinks our 3 freshmen are that bad, you'd think they would recruit a qb

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'd be pretty damn happy to have Jerry Colquitt right now, can't say the same for Worley.

7. Hobock

Hobock New Member

I agree. It's very telling. As Fergie goes, so goes UT football.

8. Hobock

Hobock New Member

I think he would agree with you.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

this takes ridiculousness and elevates it to an art form.

10. limpleg

Colquitt's legs would have potential in this offense

11. limpleg

Stats are always mentioned around here. To say both Colquitt and Helton were exponentially better when neither topped Worley's freshmen yards in their career is a little ridiculous, imo.

12. limpleg

Worley is definitely set up to be the hated guy. I don't want to see him out there either, just as I don't want to see Palardy. Now I find myself pulling for him because he has been completely written off.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ainge called an audible on that play. He admitted it and accepted full responsibility for the mishap, as he was specifically instructed that he could not take snaps from shotgun that drive.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Colquitt was a ton better. He sat behind a Heisman candidate and Fulmer said the offense was running as good as it had ever run preseason for Colquitt.

15. limpleg

I didn't know that. I thought there was total confusion and a hail mary called from the sideline.

16. limpleg

Colquitt always had great potential. Good arm. Could move. But it's all practice or potential based. He just never got to prove it on the field, which is where it counts.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't seem like the best idea. Phil was normally so conservative at the end of halves, but we decide to go wild with the lead against a team that was good on defense but awful on offense. So we throw our true frosh out there to run the two minute drill. Made no sense.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Worley has proven nothing anywhere beyond high school. He struggles against a historically awful defense. Colquitt was at least competing in UT's most talented era.

And Colquitt failed to prove it on the field because of a first round draft pick and a blown knee. Worley has been struggling to best Matt Simms and true freshmen.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I would be a lot more hopeful if colquitt was the qb this year.

20. limpleg

I would as well. What about Rick Clausen? Crompton? AJ Suggs? Nick Stephens? Man, we sure have had some qb troubles since the glory years, among all the other problems.