Worley Named Starter.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Aug 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yes
    Depends on if he is 08 or 09 version
    No
    No

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Being terrible as a true freshman (non-EE) in fall camp does not mean you will be recruited over. Some guys take more time than others.

Also, seeing as how we're not recruiting any QBs, the staff either likes them or are in way over their heads.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yeah i think it's incredibly hasty to judge them.... there's a huge difference between "terrible" and "not ready".

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I would take Crompton in his senior year in a heart beat right now over what we got.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Certainly absurd to count out the true freshmen so soon.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No thanks.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I agree with you. I don't think Worley is the best we have. I am in the sacrificial lamb camp.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'll be pulling for him because he's going to be the starting qb for the Tennessee Vols. That's the same as everyone else on here, or so I would imagine. Quit being a negavol.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

yup.

10. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

rah, rah.
    I actually don't get the feeling many people on here are pulling for him to keep the job because they already think they know what he can do and would rather see the freshmen play, and there's really nothing wrong with that.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I, for one, don't give two shits who's the starter so long as they win games, and I doubt I'm alone. I think you are confusing questions surrounding ability coupled with rumors and evidence from the limited amount of practice reps we've seen with actual desire to have one player start over another. I think if it's a clear situation that Worley provides the greatest chance for a winning season, then most everyone would agree that he should start. The reports from practice just do not clearly support this, thus there is debate.

Now, some may hold a grudge for some reason. Those folks need to suck it and move on.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Your thinking is wrong, as usual.

1) People here are not pulling for him to keep or lose the job. They just want wins and don't care if an 18 year old co-ed is who takes snaps under center as long as we are winning.

2) There is definitely something wrong with pulling for one guy to lose his job if it means pull against your own team.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

agreeing with Uni and IP in the same thread....feeling dirty.

14. JD0320

JD0320 New Member

Sounds to me like the freshmen aren't ready and Worley is the only qb on staff that has any game experience. If that's the case then go with Worley and let the other take a year and learn the offense and start the qb battle over again next year. This year is going to be difficult either way. Tough decision for butch. No win situation it doesn't seem like.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Truth.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's about football, so you are probably still safe.

17. LunaFreak

LunaFreak loves Bowling

I wish I could start a thread.

:(

game week is upon us!

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I missed one game that year (Miss State). I remember plenty about the season, and I'm not backing down from my suspicions. Although, I do admit there's a fair chance I'm wrong. You act like I am accusing people of cheating or killing or something.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Make some posts. There's probably a minimum 25 or 50 before starting a thread.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Unless it's dd, tpos.