Worley Named Starter.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Aug 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i don't know what to think. I haven't seen any of it, only what I've heard here.

I think we all agree Worley isn't the future, but the future isn't here yet. I do think you run the risk of delaying, or ruining, the "ceiling" if you throw a guy in the fire who isn't ready.

2. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I don't know. Haven't seen them at practice or the locker room. I just don't that its an informed opinion to say Butch screwed this up at this time. I think it's fair to have an opinion on who you would start, but not to say he already screwed it up. That's a little drastic.

3. Hobock

Hobock New Member

What are you basing any of that on? Your suspicions are offensive to a wide variety of people who are important to the history of UT athletics.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think it's the same thing a lot of people have been saying all along. If Worley is really the best we have, the other guys are unfathomably bad.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don't mean there was no basis at all for him sitting, and I don't remember what the injury even was. That was just my strong impression at the time. I was 12 and actually missed the game where Helton got hurt because I was in Nicaragua on a mission trip. I could very well be wrong.

6. limpleg

Well, we were just discussing Peyton being 3rd string behind J Colquitt and Helton, and neither was any better than Worley. New staff, new language, new players, new team , new playbook and true freshmen. I don't think a lot of people take into consideration what it takes to start a true freshman in the SEC from game 1. Most of them come from simple playbooks and are overwhelmed. Johnny Football rode the bench as a freshman. I don't think our true freshmen qb's are unfathomly bad by any stretch of the imagination.

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Colquitt and Helton were way better than Worley.

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I agree with Card. He is the sacrificial lamb

9. Hobock

Hobock New Member

You very-well could be a dumbass for even suggesting such a far-reaching conspiracy theory. But, alas, you were 12, and residing in Nicaragua. Carry on.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Far-reaching conspiracy theory? Over-reactor of the year nominee.

11. Hobock

Hobock New Member

Is it safe to assume that Ainge/Shaeffer were more talented, at this point, that Fergie/Dobbs?

12. limpleg

Since Worley threw for more yards as a true freshman than Colquitt or Helton did in their 4 and 3 year careers at qb, I think that's highly debatable.

13. Hobock

Hobock New Member

I'm not the one who suggested Helton faked an injury and the coaching staff supported it, and helped hide it, in order to justify handing the ball to Peyton.

14. limpleg

Man, I don't know. I haven't seen them and am not arrogant enough to say Butch effed it up or to say they are unfathomly bad without having a clue. Rb, lbs and other positions can come into the SEC as freshmen and adapt well. Qb's are a different story. Some hs playbooks are thin and coaches tend to run just a few plays. Everybody knows that. True freshmen qb's rarely come right in and take over a team and program.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Colquitt was significantly more talented than Worley and nearly beat out Heath Shuler. Worley would be carrying Colquitt's bags were they are the same team.

16. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

It's easy to rack up yards throwing to guys like Hunter and down by 30.

17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Racist

18. JohnnyQuickkick

I guess what it boils down to with me is I haven't been able to go over there and see it with my own 2 eyes, and I've heard 100 people give 100 different assessments of the situation, so how the f am I supposed to know?

19. JohnnyQuickkick

This is certainly true

20. JohnnyQuickkick

And I just don't think this is fair considering where they are in their career