Worley Named Starter.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Aug 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

JUST WIN! (my first all caps post)

2. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I don't think Ferguson is going to need a full year. All the reports are that Ferguson knows the offense as well as the other two QBs. I think CBJ is afraid he will be careless with the football. He's been pretty cavalier with the gun slinging in practice. We're going to need our guy to take care of the ball this year ... every possession will be important. I think Ferguson is a little young to be able to step back, survey the team dynamics, and then be whatever they need. I think he just needs a little time to feel this thing out and then he'll be ready.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've heard Ferguson described as very cutler like.

I hope i am dead wrong about Worley and he throws for 4000 yards and 40 touchdowns this year. But I've not seen anything to give me any rational basis that's possible. In fact, everything i have watched leads me to the exact opposite conclusion.

4. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

So everybody supports Worley 100%? I don't think so. Just as there are some that want our defensive coaches gone already. There are plenty of people that can't wait for him to be benched and see the freshmen. Not my fault if you are in denial. There are fans all over college and nfl football that want to see the backup qb. Its always been that way. A lot of people don't have Worleys back and will be relieved to see him on the bench. Of course winning trumps all, but we aren't winning this year and people already are and will be clamoring for the backup, as is common.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've not heard one thing about Ferguson being a diabetic

6. CardinalVol

*rimshot

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

There you go again. If Worley is terrible, which most of us think he is/will be, then we want another QB in there asap. Nobody wants the kid to be terrible.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And the ****ing defensive coaches have been terrible fo a long time, don't understand why it's such an issue that people don't like them. If you had a chance to see Sunseri as a DC before he got here and he had similar results to what he had last year, would you be saying "oh, we gotta see his defense in a few games first.". We've seen the coaches, they are shit.

9. limpleg

Who do you want at qb? You don't want Worley, which is my point, and you are making it a bigger deal than it is. That doesn't mean you hope he fails, but you already want and expect another qb. Though since you gave the great analysis that our freshmen qbs must be "unfathomly bad", its obvious you don't know wtf is going on anyway.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't expect Worley to finish as the starter. That doesn't mean I'm pulling against him.

11. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

The good news is that Worley should be able to make 85% of the throws in this offense. The days of Chaney's 20 yard outs are way behind us. The question will be how well he can read defenses and how quickly he can get the ball out of his hands.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or if the receivers are good enough to turn 5 yard passes into 15 yard gains.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Whether and how much he's asked to run will play a factor as well.

14. limpleg

I want to see the freshmen play and I think many will be relieved and excited when they step on the field. That's not really rooting against Worley, but its not really pulling for him either, imo.

15. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Until we passed our own 40 yard line last year there was never a reason for Patterson to run a route longer than 7 yards, IMO.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Patterson is just now figuring out how to do that

17. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

And somewhere, Charlie Baggett is laughing his ass off.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

We know exactly why Martinez was brought in. After a class or two, his coaching results will be evaluated and if found wanting he will be set out to pasture. Might not be a bad plan all in all. Jones knew he needed a big class right out of the gate or he'd go the way of the Dooley.

19. CardinalVol

Worley is probably the best game manager and as lex said, he can probably make the vast majority of throws. From hearing a couple of interviews with Jones, it sounds like out of the gate, that's his top priority.

I still don't think he's the guy for the next two years or for the season for that matter. I also think the freshmen are coming along just fine, otherwise I'd expect to see a bit more of a scramble on the recruiting front trying to land one.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Just a Dooley did not appear to be a competent Coach when hired, I was not wishing him to fail. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. When he showed he was not competent to Coach Pop Warner football much less my VOLS, I was not hesitant to wish for his removal.

Just a Worley does not appear to be a competent QB when named the Starter, I do not wishing him to fail. I will giving him the benefit of the doubt. If he shows that he is not capable of playing at this level I will not be hesitant to wish for his replacement.

What about you; if he shows that he will not be able to play at this level will you continue to sing his praises throughout his failures; like you did Dooley?