The worm may be turning

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Lexvol, Sep 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

and I've said that if Butch wins any of those three games than we struck gold. ATP I'm assuming Butch is a good coach and not a (SEC)championship coach.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Is Florida considered Big 3 this year? I would personally not include them.

3. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Seeing as they've won however many in a row, yep.

4. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

I don't think that's too much to ask for, at all--at least in the sense of determining CBJ's prowess amongst the SEC-elite. If we pull an upset in year one, it bodes well for the future.

However, aside from his monumentally stupid decision of placing 14 men on the field, Dooley almost bea......aww forget it.

5. CardinalVol

If I were ranking teams from strongest to weakest, they'd be 5th on our schedule IMO.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Then we may be in heated agreement. I think if Butch is an SEC Championship coach, I would expect us pull off an upset. If Butch is a very good recruiter and a solid game coach (perhaps enough to put us at the level of South Carolina of the last few years, but not enough to win titles), then I wouldn't.

7. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Randolph is SEC def player of the week. First time we have had a player be named since Eric Barray, EricBerry

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I agree with that. I'm thinking from a practical perspective. We're not beating Oregon or Alabama.

9. limpleg

also listening the the Monday press conf and Butch taking full responsibility for the punt block. He said "i'm in charge of that and that's my fault. That can't happen."

10. chavisut

Big three as in UGA, SCe, and UF. I think all three are far more talented. Throw in the streak and yes I would consider that a major win.

11. CardinalVol

Gotcha.

Yes, they are a part of the Big 3. I was using Bama, SC, UGA as my original Big 3. I don't see us beating any of those unless Gurley goes down.

12. chavisut

UF is the most likely with SCe a distant second. All jmo iyam tho.

13. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

The shame of it all is that SCe is even in this group now.

14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

If we can get Worley off the field, I think Gators and and SCe are achievable upsets.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

16. CardinalVol

SC is a conundrum to me right now. I contend Clowney is sangbagging to some extent, but teams aren't necessarily giving him opportunities to show off either.

Also would not be shocked if this was Spurrier's last rodeo because he thinks it is his best chance to win.

17. limpleg

well, it is Spurrier, and it did take him 6 years to win more than 8 games and he had only done that once.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i'm going to be "that guy".

if we're so much better with worley off the field, why isn't he?

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I think it's possible UGA is really beat to hell when we play them. They'll have played three top ten teams in four weeks, and will be traveling to Knoxville directly off a battle with LSU. The situation really favors us, but the talent disparity is so great that I'm not convinced any amount of favorable situation will do much.

20. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Definitely think Florida, 50/50 on SCe.