The worm may be turning

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Lexvol, Sep 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Sure. I'd rather see us just replace him though, dont wish it on anyone to get hurt.

2. He's barely exceeded your expectations because you don't want to give him credit for what he's done on the trail and because we've not beat anyone. That's fair.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It's approaching fair. A heck of a lot fairer than "Butch gets it."

4. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I'm convinced that Butch is a good football coach. Good football coaches get chewed up and spit out in the SEC. Great coaches win championships. I'm not ruling out the idea that Butch could be a great coach.

5. BigOrangeBeech

Nicely put. He might have to get spit out a couple times before he can start returning the favor.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nothing has been gift wrapped, recruiting wise. [ddiapos] never went to see Hurd or Creamer or Wharton. Butch was playing catch up on those guys. He's also gotten several commits for the 2015 class.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It doesn't take a genius to outcoach Muschamp

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is right. I need an upset over one of the "Big three" in the East to calm my fears that he's just an 8 win a year coach.

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Doesn't really have to be said but beating Florida would be a huuuuge thing.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

There are 5 games that we have no business winning. But a good coach will find a way in one of them. I doubt it will be Oregon or Bama.

11. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I personally think the SEC East is way down this year. I think LSU and Bama are going to carry all the water for the SEC in total for 2013. Georgia and Cackalacky's defenses are suspect.

I don't see any reason why we should expect to be competitive with SC at home.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

A little off topic but I watched a bit of the Mizzou game on Saturday and came away feeling we should win that game.

13. BigOrangeBeech

I am dead serious when I say if he will just beat AU, Mizzou, and Vandy, get to 7-5 and win a bowl game, that I would be extremely happy with that.

If we had a half decent QB I'd give us a decent shot at the UF game right now. Outside that I dont see much chance of an upset anywhere else.

14. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I would feel better about it if we weren't going on about the longest trip possible across the country, getting whipped, and back prior to travelling to Gville. With a lack of depth, I think that will cost us and worry we will have no legs

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

7-5 and winning a bowl game should put him in contention for the CoY. Seriously

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't have any delusions where Tennessee should win in Eugene or in Tuscaloosa. All I want out of either game is to see a team that doesn't quit. Alabama doesn't look like an NFL team this season, but they're still one of the best teams in college football. Oregon is Oregon.

UF is horribly coached and the offense is God awful. They can be beaten.

17. BigOrangeBeech

If you include a win against UF, USCe or UGA in that I might agree.

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It will definitely be tough to pull (twhs) but I believe Jones will have them up for it with it being his first SEC game. I'm not expecting a win but do expect us to play hard and compete all 4 qtrs (sad to say that).

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

UGA's defense should get better as the season goes on. They've had starters suspended and freshmen all over the field. Teams have figured out to stay the hell away from Clowney.

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

This year?