The worm may be turning

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Lexvol, Sep 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes. Look at Richt, Saban, Miles, Meyer, Sumlin and Spurrier. They all had an upset. Hell, even Chizik had one in year one. Personally, I need an SEC win over somebody not named UK, Vandy or Mizzou. It might be irrational.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Florida is there for the taking IMO. Not saying we will, but it's there.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would give anything for it to be here.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

After watching them Saturday I agree. I just wish we had a better QB. I'd like our chances for an upset alot more were it not for the Worley factor.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I'm not saying an upset isn't possible, but you guys are still giving this roster to much credit. This is a team whose second unit beat Austin Peay 3-0.

If we manage to beat any of those three we struck gold.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Florida is being coached by an orangutan

7. CardinalVol

It'll take some more breaks going our way, but it's not an impossible task like it appeared a few weeks ago. Florida's offense just isn't that good. Our 1's can go against anybody, and we don't have any major injuries yet. It's possible.

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

What would a win in the swamp in his first year do for the outlook of the program?

9. CardinalVol

Take what it did for Pearl winning in Austin early in 05-06 season and multiply it times 1,000,000.

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Keep the recruiting class together and bring realistic hope to the fanbase.

11. chavisut

I'll go ahead and start printing out 2016 National Champion shirts.

12. chavisut

I disagree strongly about our 1's. It's possible the same way Appy State going into the Big House and beating Michigan was possible.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  13. CardinalVol

I should clarify "anybody within reason". That doesn't include Bama nor does it mean we can whip them. We can just hold our own.

I'm not overly impressed with Florida. Just not. Maybe I've sipped too much of the orange kool aid, but I've seen stranger wins happen.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

That's a slap in the face to orangutans.

15. chavisut

We have an OL that is outstanding in the passing game. Other than that I don't see where our 1s match up with anybody in the top half of the conference.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Florida's defense carried that team last season. They were a blocked punt away from getting beat by a Louisiana directional school. Murray handed them the ****tail Party and Swiss Cheese Sal let Burton run ****ing jet sweeps all night long.

17. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Bowling Green gave them all they could handle.

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

People continue to make that out to be a far bigger upset than it was. Michigan was a middle of the road team and Appy State would have been bowl eligible had they played in I-A that season.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

In Clawson we trust

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

An upset would be. . . well, an upset. The point is that we're a lot worse than them. But find me a championship quality coach who walked into a bad situation and didn't pull off a stupid upset in his first season. The best examples are Les Miles in 2001 and Harbaugh in 2007. You talk about our talent deficiencies, they don't hold a candle to what those two faced.