Rumors That Heads Are Gonna Roll Today

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 30, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2 of 4 worthless coaches gone from the staff

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Calls have been answered, but when its essentially the same call you got 2 (or three) years ago (i.e. $), unsurprisingly, they are being quickly and politely concluded.

It ain't that there aren't targets to shoot at......but you better come with something of a much larger caliber than what we're toting now, which I would equate to hunting a grizzly with wet nap.

3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Indeed. He said it was not Wilcox nor Sirmon. Also said
    Taken with a grain of salt, but until he (OCI) is wrong, then I guess I can give some credence to it.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I wish they'd pick that bish up already.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

At some point it has to quit being about recruiting and start being about good coaching. If Tee Martin is one of the guys coming in than I don't see where the improvement is. This is why Dooley has to go if half the staff is leaving, who wants to work with him?

6. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Why won't we pay? We paid Kiffin.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm telling you, Dooley isn't going anywhere. This year. I was as hopeful as the rest of you, but this is the bed MH made for us, and we have to lie in it a bit longer. I don't begrudge Hart, as this is a hell of a mess to navigate through.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

All respect to Tee Martin, but I have no reason to believe he can coach worth a lick. Or recruit worth a lick. So why would he be brought in to help us? That would be a head-scratcher.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

We paid Kiffin's assistants really well. We did not pay Kiffin particularly well. UT doesn't know what paying a coach well looks like anymore. The landscape has changed a lot in the last 6 years.

10. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Didn't Kiffin take less money so they would have more for assistants?

11. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Well, that's essentially what I was saying; by paying the three of them so well it stands to reason we could spend a bundle on one coach with enough left over for assistants. Did we not offer 4M-4.5M to Butch Davis?

12. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Yes, I think Monte was getting $2M, O close.

13. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

doubt it.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Butch Davis would be wearing orange if we offered him that much. I am pretty sure on that.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I miss those days, brief as they were. Was so nice to have several big name coaches at UT. We had freaking Lane, Monte, and O -- all household names for football fans -- on the Tennessee sideline. Now we're stuck with a bunch of nobodies. I honestly felt like we were on course to be a fixture in the national title picture for years to come with that staff....now I'm wondering how many more years it'll be before we can muster a top 15 finish or make a trip to Atlanta.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Top 15 finish? Let's try cracking the top 25 first.

17. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

I wouldn't mind Butch Davis being the coach

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

To be frank, I kind of want to know what went wrong at UNC. That being said, it doesn't really matter. He would be an upgrade.

But we would need our compliance guys holding on to each of his legs like children, begging him to not get caught.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I have the same gut feeling that you have. Dooley will be here next year, unfortunately. He will win 7-8 games next year based on a cupcake schedule, talent of a few which will result in DD to get another year. His studs go pro and the effing bottom drops out in year 4.

Where I disagree, IP, is that I do begrudge Hart. I can see the scenario that I described above as well as I can see my reflection in the mirror. I hope that I am horribly wrong. However, in my heart of hearts I am convinced of the script above. Pisses me off to see something that means so much to me being destroyed, and there's not a damn thing that I can do to improve the situation. I really feel like keeping CDD will result in the complete destruction of UT Football. That's how devoid of confidence in his abilities that he has shown that I am. I earnestly hold out hope that I am totally wrong. Yet, I am almost convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt that I'm not.

This whole situation sucks beyond any possible description.

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Other than the NCAA issues, I'm not really sure that anything went wrong at UNC. They were much better with him than they were before him. They probably would have had an even better record last year if it wasn't for the scandal forcing them to play without a bunch of guys.

Still, I wouldn't want him now that he's been fired for NCAA violations. Just has to look really bad.