Rumors That Heads Are Gonna Roll Today

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 30, 2011.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

At the time his record as a head coach was not real impressive. Could have been the reason for the low salary. Also MH was a cheap ass [itch bay]!

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

They made a move for Butch Davis back then, too, right? Davis, Kiffin, Petrino. At least Arkansas isn't afraid to aim high.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Davis played at Arkansas.

Kind of feel bad for Arkansas. Guys like Bear Bryant, Jimmy Johnson, Butch Davis, and Barry Switzer all came from the school or state, and they got none of those guys.

May be missing someone, too.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

An NFL HC that was the OC of the most prolific offense in NCAA history and an ace recruiter.

He was worth more than $2 million

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Was it the scoreboard after the 09 UGA game or Kiffin calling Meyer a gigantic [ussy pay]?

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I know that, which made him an obvious candidate...I was just pointing out that they went to one big name after another until they landed one. They went to a BCS bowl last year and spent this entire season in the top 10. Tennessee should be able to duplicate that success.

7. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

When he threw Crompton to the ground? Oh hilarious.

So one of our hopefuls will be gone soon. Texas A&M out with Sherman. Targeting Sumlin, Smart, and Strong.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Would those guys really chose A&M over Tennessee? That's depressing to think about.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

battle-in-swamp.jpg

This is the type of image that should really depress you. An actual running attack.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

co OC. Any coach that can come in and land a top 10 class like he did is worth more than 2 mil.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

It's funny....I used to be frustrated with Jabari Davis, Gerald Riggs, Troy Fleming, Cedric Houston (sweet kid, by the way), and Arian Foster...would love to have had any of them in the backfield this year.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Heck, David Yancey would have started this year.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

The fact that TAMU is about to go out and get one of the 3 coaches we have identified as significant upgrades really pisses me off. Why has Tennessee acted like it is freaking Virginia for the last few years? When are we going to quit being [itch bay]es and start throwing our considerable weight around?

14. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

stability .. protect the brand ... blah blah blah

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I really took Cedric Houston for granted.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Jabari Davis=Earl Campbell

17. Beechervol

While we are on the subject. Who is THE RB next year. Or do we have one?

18. Beechervol

I want Lane to be good, just not sure that is there.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

They were hyping him as the next Adrian Peterson coming out of fall camp. Looked like another average back to me. Hope he steps up.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He definitely wore down as the season went on. He went from slightly above average freshman to mediocre after taking a few hits.