Butch

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 4, 2014.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yeah, but 15k true VFLs

#ButchGetsIt #WeedingOutTheNegaVols

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You are absolutely right, Huff. If the Dooley era did anything, it educated some of this fanbase with what happens when you don't admit things for what they are, as soon as it's evident.

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

At this point I'm just hoping to keep the no-8-loss-season streak alive.

4. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

If we do, expect to hear that as a rah rah pointer.

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

There is no way Hart does not give Butch a year 3. Butch will win 7 next year. There is no way Hart fires Butch after 7 wins. I hear what you are saying and I really believe we are at 4 wins headed into the KY game. Losing that almost guarantees no bowl and I am not sure we will be motivated in the last 2 if we lose that one. So, it could get very Dooley-esque, but I still think Hart wants the stability. And Butch is his crowing achievement.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm not arguing that Jones either deserves or should be fired, at all, anytime. I should refute that, first, before it sticks.

I'm not saying that it should, or even could, happen after this season, or next.

In fact, I've said before, and still believe that barring some personal scandal, AA troubles, or absolute catastrophe (meaning, back-to-back 4 win seasons) - that Jones is here for 5 years, bare minimum.

What I will say is that some may be making the mistaken assumption that Hart would survive Jones' downfall. That's not necessarily true. In fact, were Jones to be fired, I'd see Hart's departure (however "voluntary" it was made to sound, publicly) as a precursor to Jones' getting canned, and not the reverse.

Just my $.02

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I don't think Hart is the AD next season if '14 finishes 4-8. Hart may not fire Jones after a 7-win season but his replacement will.

8. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Who gives a big enough shit about UT football any longer to force that change? I do agree that Hart will be gone before "they" pull the trigger on Butch but I just don't get the feel that anyone is upset enough to start that process. Regardless of how many wins we do or don't get this year.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Ben, we've had our moments, but you're probably on to something here.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep.

11. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The admin doesn't like him and home revenue in the most important sport will be worse in year 2 than year 1 of the hire he made with their funds.

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The admin doesn't like Hart or Butch?

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not so sure the admin doesn't like him. He seems to be right in line with Susan Martin and Jimmy Cheek. Football is now third rate and pretty soon people won't think football when they think of UT. Hooray for academia.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Meh, he fights them. He just entered a deal with the devil for his own ego in football hiring.

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Sadly, I do not think you are far wrong.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

They don't like having to designate money away from their bunsen burner funds so Hart can hire a coach that won't benefit their coffers.

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

My neck was sore from turning to my brother and saying Worley will take a sack on this next play.

I've never seen a QB not only take so many sacks when he just needed to throw the ball away but fumble the ball so many times. Jesus, Worley, you know the line sucks, get a better hold of the ball because you know you're about to get rocked.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

But he' s so tough.....

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Great. We basically have Chuck Liddell playing QB. A tough guy that sucks at football. Maybe we can come up with some Justin Worley jokes. When the boogyman goes to sleep, he checks under his bed for Justin Worley....then proceeds to sack him and recover the ball.

20. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Yeah, I was being an ass. I apologize. I just need to stay clear of The Thunderdome.