Random college football game thread, 2014 edition

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Aug 27, 2014.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You see it all the time; after a mistake (typically a fumble or interception but in the case a 23 yard punt) the offense goes for the big play.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Not to be difficult, but what's the difference? Are you talking about the method of determining the four teams?

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Kiffin was not the problem but he was far from perfect. Whole team looked nothing like Bama teams of early years.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Their defensive line is not explosive.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Definitely not as good as previous years. Still had a top 15 defense.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is that not where the best shine through? How many times did Bama pin fosu inside their own ten and hold them towards the end of the game? Didn't they have some major injuries at LB as well? It's football. Shit like that happens. The excuses are always there if you want to find them.

So both teams scored more than 35 points, and Kiffin gets excuses while fosu gets a W and a chance at a national title. Will this "quit after 35" rule apply for fosu against Oregon? Does Oregon EVER score less than 35 points?

Im talking football. Feel free to keep letting your imagination run wild about my experiences at an all male college and my apparent jealousy over Kiffin's wife. I have no hatred for Kiffin. I don't give a shit that he left tennessee. I'm not even saying he's a bad coach or that he was the sole issue in that game. I'm just saying he's not anywhere near as good as you make him out to be. He was in a position to tie or take the lead multiple times toward the end of the game, and his playcalling was straight up bad. I mean hell, Meyer essentially tried to gift wrap the tie for him by throwing on first down of that final fosu drive. It's asinine to sit here and make excuses about 35 points being enough when Kiffin shit the bed when the game was on the line.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You could feel the momentum shift mid way in the 2nd Quarter when on a kickoff OHSt was once again pinned deep; a DB playing on special teams stood over the ball carrier taunting him and was penalized 15 yards. The dumbass wasn't even involved in the tackle and felt compelled to act like a jackass. OHSt used the better field position to opened up their offense and never looked back. This is him after the game:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

LK, AL coach in waiting

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Who is coaching Florida today?

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Is McElwain even allowed to coach them today or does it have to be an interim?

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

DJ Durkin. He'll leave for Ann Arbor after the game.

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Harbaugh bringing the ol' crew back together

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I believe he's allowed to. If I remember correctly Cutcliffe coached Ole Miss in a bowl game after he left Tennessee.

18. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Felt like that was the plan from the get-go

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Why am I watching this?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

We need help.