Random college football game thread, 2014 edition

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Aug 27, 2014.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Anyone see the uf player crap his pants?

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Literally crapped his pants?

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2015
  4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

No biggie. At my age, you never trust a fart.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Consider him Miles Davis.

6. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The early third downs were his fault. That isn't debatable. He had an advantage on the ground and ignored it, even as the defense was getting ripped apart. Much of the 42 points were about his own TOP problems.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And to prove how stupidly wonky the bowl season is, the SEC East goes undefeated, if I am not mistaken. West goes 2-5?

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

None of the west teams that lost had a def coord, save AL. Defense was the calling card for the MS schools. Def beat Auburn, but they sucked all year without Duke.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Bama should have won. Mississippi State, too. They were letdowns. LSU pretty much got screwed out of a TD and lost by a field goal. Ole Miss probably played the best team from the Big 12, while maybe being the fourth best team in the SEC. Auburn was .500 in conference and played the Big 10 runner-up. Not exactly great matchups. Still expected wins from almost all of them save Ole Miss.

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Auburn had no business losing that game. TCU was just better than Ole Miss. LSU did get screwed but was outplayed on the whole. MSU also was simply outplayed from start to finish.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I thought Aubie would win, but I don't get how one team that played in a conference championship game beating a team that lost half it's conference games makes a strong statement about which conference is better. Same thing with TCU being a lot better than Ole Miss. Bama is a lot better than Cal. Guess the Pac-12 sucks?

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Wiscy beating Aubie doesn't make the B1G a good conference, but Auburn should have won that game and comfortably.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I thought they would, especially considering how they thrashed LSU earlier in the year, but don't follow either team closely enough to have bet on it.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the spread between conferences is a bit narrower this year. But it comes down to this: You are given a brand new D-1 team and told to you have to win a conference championship in a major conference in the next 3 years, but you got to pick which conference you are in. Do you pick the SEC over the Big 12? B1G? Pac 12? I do not. I pick the B1G or the Big 12.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I pick the big 12 or the acc.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

ACC by a mile. Big 10 wouldn't be so bad if you could guarantee you are in the opposite division from Harbaugh and Meyer.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

But my point is, nobody is honestly picking the SEC. Nobody.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

My thinking was that you can possibly get your schedule to fall so as to avoid at least 2 of the big boys. Look at Iowa's schedule from this year and next. They hardly played anybody at all. In retrospect, a 6-6 team with that schedule should indeed have been crushed.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Big 10 East could challenge for best division in a few years. Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State, and if Penn State ever gets back that would be a pretty stout top 4.