2015 Season: Year of the Pig

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zero-sum, Feb 24, 2015.

1. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Bueller.....Buelller..................Bueller...

Any Vols fan worth their salt would take a hearty portion of crow and gladly chow down if Debord wound up being a good hire, myself most definitely included, but....the odds are stacked against it. Lamenting on it is somewhat a waste of breath at this point but, rest assured, when the season starts, it will be used against Lyle the second the offense begins to sputter--or if, God forbid, the OL continues to struggle. That's his bread and butter, right, OL's? It's a shit hire--even the people who are vehemently defending the hire don't truly believe it was a good move--it's just an indication of their blind faith in Butch and all that he touches is gold.

I'm anxious to see how the offense runs. I honestly don't know what to expect but needless to say my expectations of his play calling are commensurate to Bajakian's.

It's about damn time we heard this from Butch...maybe now some of the mouth breathers that are still satisfied with a 6-7 win season next year will f'ing realize that mentality needs to die a quick and painful death.

He's still tapping the brakes a little, as evidenced by his "long ways to go" comment but, we've all heard HC's of legitimate national title contenders (not drawing that comparison at all) reiterate that statement ad nauseum for decades.

Yes, there's a long way to go...before we're a legit national power again....but we can compete at a high level NOW.

2. OrangeBlood79

I've never witnessed a more monumental backfire, after a coach said "We're there," than Fulmer circa 2005.

Perhaps we "were" but....holy shit was that season horrific.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There were a lot of infighting on that staff and a lot of players that believed they didn't need to try too hard to win.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That's a good point. I've been getting angry every time Butch says something like this or that we're young, etc. But really I think I'm more angry with the fanbase's reaction rather than what he's actually saying.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm sure some people will take this the wrong way and call me a mouth-breathing sheep but getting mad about stuff this cat says in a press conference or other media interview is about on the level of a wife being mad about a toilet seat being up

6. JohnnyQuickkick

And being elated about it like the sheep is about the same.

7. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Yes, of course it is. Not interested in "We're there". There always is room for improvement, the target on the programs back just gets bigger.

Does he have a timetable in his head? You bet he does and too, realizes that after three (two being Top 5) classes talent and depth are less and coaching more the issue. Another top 5-10 finish or two and depth and talent are, w/ few exceptions non-existent. Reality check for Jones

Poor leadership and that falls / fell at the feet of Phil

8. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

If recruiting classes continue to be (perennial) top 5-10 and coaching is as good as Jones so (incessantly) claims --- BSIA --- then sooner than later. 2016, w/ five (four potentially top 5) classes in we should be in the conversation, if not participating in the playoff system. imo

9. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Speaking for me, mad? Nah. Bored? Absolutely. Tired of the rhetorical nonsense

10. JohnnyQuickkick

It's just what you're gonna get. From him and about 116 other D-1 coaches. I just try not to pay any attention to it.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

First of all, you're a mouth-breathing sheep.

Second of all, you might be right. I've been guilty of it to an extent.

But I still don't want to hear a bunch of excuses. There's a difference between excuse making and saying we're not there yet or it's a process.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm not mad about it either. I'm not even mad about the hire. It's what it is at this point. It looks look crap and may well be, but it's set Jones' future as his own. Worrying over things you cannot control is not worth it. I thank Phillip Fulmer for helping me learn that despite the stress involved at the time.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I'm with Johnny.

14. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Can't get enough ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

17. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Today ...

18. OrangeBlood79

I might have an anyurism if North doesn't get more touches this year.

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

I've got a gut feelin' he's going to have a special yr. I just hope he returns in '16

W/ Dobbs entrenched as the starter his accuracy should be markedly improved and no reason why he and the receiver corps shouldn't have their timing and tendencies down by Sept 5

20. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Would like to see more of this from Croom. I get the feelin' towards mid-to-end of season it began to fall into place for him. He needs to carry that over, step up, use his physicality to his advantage and have a breakout yr in '15

[​IMG]