First Republican Debate Set

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by tvolsfan, Aug 4, 2015.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Who?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I said the same thing.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I can't spell. It's simple as that.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The word "vanilla" comes to mind.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have no idea what the talking heads were watching?1?

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Yeah it's baffling. Don't get the Cruz love.

7. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

That whole thing about collecting more records from terrorists and less from innocent Americans was the emptiest answer ever. I'm glad Christie called him on it.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

But, but, but 9/11...

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Wow, I must have tuned in to a different debate. Kasich was underwhelming to me. His performance was at best middle of the pack to me on par with Walker and Bush. No one really looked all that great. Far more losers than winners in this show.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Huckabee, Rubio, and Christie helped themselves a good bit. Lots of mehs for the others. Trump was probably the only guy that hurt himself. Maybe Bush.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Christie didn't really impress me. Taking on Paul is like trying to win the tallest dwarf contest.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I agree that Kasich did a good job, and I really like him. But he certainly didn't give Republican voters any red meat. I doubt he bumps up much.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I thought he was poised and stuck to his theme of being a "truth teller." He was one of the few that seemed genuinely comfortable up there. It matters.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Meh, yah, yah, yah, 9/11.

15. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

The participation trophy goes to Rubio.

Jeb Bush makes Michael Dukakis look like a seasoned statesmen.

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Kasich and Rubio did well but the strongest showing of the day was Fiorina, imo

17. CardinalVol

Hope she gets moved up. She's good. She can't win, but she's good in debate format.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  18. CardinalVol

I'm surprised at the love Carson is getting. I thought he had a good closing statement, but other than that, he just came off as a really smart guy to me.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

No place in this country for a smart guy running it. My wife and I were saying the same thing. Seems like Americans are tired of career politicians, but we aren't comfortable with just a smart guy being the commander in chief.

BTW, wasn't it him that said something like, it's no one's business how we interrogate terrorists? I like that too.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  20. CardinalVol

I'd put him over HHS before 5pm today if I could, I just don't think he's cut out to be President.