Elder Scrolls 5 – Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WM, Aug 23, 2011.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I was married to Lydia but wanted a divorce so I killed her. We just didn't have a lot in common you know?

2. WM

WM Active Member

I ended up marrying Alena the huntress, as with real marriage it's not all that it's cracked up to be

3. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Didn't realize I had logged close to 60 hours in this until I actually looked at one of the save screens the other day. Time is a blur in this game.

Anyone else tried the route of setting their character up as an archer? Doesn't seem to be a popular choice, but i've had some success out of it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is how Instigator plays, and I have a character like that. Sneak, archery, and poisons ftw.

5. WM

WM Active Member

Level 51 on my Nord. getting bored, the civil war glitch sort of knocked the air out of my quest momentum.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, the levels get kind of meaningless somewhere in the 40's anyway.

7. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I don't think i'm even that far into the main quest. I just now got to the part where you go up to the Greybeards for the second time. The Thieves Guild and College of Winterhold questlines have kept me busy.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So where is a good place to buy conjuration spells?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The college. Keep in mind, spells aren't available until you can cast them.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sooo. What level is everybody on? Finished the main quest?

I'm on 37 right now. I'm specializing in archery and sneaking. Also not bad with restoration and destruction. Working on getting better at smithing so I can get the most powerful bow.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Haven't had a chance to play in a long time. Think I was in the 20's with a new stealthy character.

12. WM

WM Active Member

Level 51, I have pretty much peaked out on leveling up. I have just been pushing the main quest line lately so I can wrap it up for this character.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Level 50. Sneak is at 99, one handed and archery both in 90s, smithing at 100 with enchanting somewhere in the 80s.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think i'm at 52. 100 destruction, 100 sneak, 100 enchanting, 100 alchemy, 100 speech, 100 smithing, 96 one-handed.... that's all i can think of off the top of my head.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How did you go about leveling up speech?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Probably selling all the things he made to get smithing to 100.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I have completed the Winterhold and Thieves Guild questlines, but I am no where as as you guys in level. I should probably just tell Lydia to stay the hell at Breezehome so she doesn't take any of my kills :)

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Go to the black briar meadery in riften, talk to the bartender fellow, ask him about maven black briar and then use the persuade option. Do this over and over. That's one way I read to do it. I'm only at about 50 speech.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I already went past that part. Doh!

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Selling what you smith and raising alchemy helps as well. I enchanted gear to fortify my alchemy, and then bought ingredients from the chick in whiterun over and over again with a glitch. you buy all of her ingredients, save, kill her, and then load the game up again. After you load it back up, she has a full list of ingredients again. you repeat this process a few times, then use all the ingredients to create potions. Create the most expensive potions possible, and then when you buy ingredients again, you can sell the potions to her for a massive profit. you have to buy a LOT of ingredients, so you sell a lot of potions at the same time.