I Think We Need to "Prepare" for a 10 Win Season Next Year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Nov 30, 2015.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think so. We hammered them. Mayfield has improved, but they're also benefiting from playing in a conference with no defenders to be found, outside of OU, which has roughly 2.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We had them beat until Lyle started going fast paced 3-and-outs while substituting and snapping the ball with 18 seconds left on the play clock, all the while staring at the clock thinking he could bend time to his will.

3. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

It is call atrocious coaching pretty simple. There is a huge public perception and over reaction to the utter garbage wins over the likes of KY,Vandy,MO,NT, and SC. SC was a fumble away from a potential victory.

4. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

No, no. The GA, Mizzou, and 'Carolina three. Fuente has talent at VT keeping Foster it won't take him long to get VT up and going

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Like this year.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

ah. thought you were foreshadowing some announcements.

7. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

You are correct. VA Tech is stacked on D again and Fuente will get that O moving swiftly. My early prediction is loss# 1 for the trumpet blower will be VA Tech.
    Still have signing day and a long summer ahead so we shall see.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

At this point, I genuinely believe Butch will be here until he squanders whatever talent he has brought in, and we will have to sell the next coach on a rebuild.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think this is true and it all goes back to beating a terrible UGA team, which fired its coach.

10. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

And is so devalued by the national media that it isn't ranked at 9-3.

That also tells me the AP is giving negative weight to losing to UT for UGA. They botched that game harder than we ever have.

We're nothing more than Vandy was a couple of years ago. Lose the meaningful games, beat one you maybe shouldn't have and get people fired.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  11. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

I agree with this assessment. I guess that I watch more live football and replays then should be allowed. Hell, we all have an opinion and that is what makes it fun.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What does VT have on offense? I watched two of their games and they just looked really, really slow and poorly coached.

Foster will always have a competitive defense.

13. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Butch is this generations Bill Curry. He wont last with another loss to Florida.

14. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Butch is this generations Bill Curry when he was at Alabama. He wont last with another loss to Florida.

15. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

You do realize the offense is about to receive a huge upgrade? What happened on O the past years at Va Tech mean nothing.
    They are talented at rb and wr. OL needs more help and depth. They have some decent QB prospects and my money is on Fuente having a serviceable qb in place.
    It is amazing what good schemes and coaching will do for a program.

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

UT should just become a Catholic school... Our Lady of Perpetual Rebuilding....

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I wouldn't know anything about that, I am afraid.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I actually think he could get them this year. They are going to suck badly next season until Grier returns. And we get them at home. A million reasons we should win. Of course, we've had that the past four years and couldn't cash in.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

the sad part is the fact that beating them next year is going to be akin to beating a Missouri type team and our fanbase will consider a statue for his breaking the streak that he helped continue for a third of its life.

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Win is a win, as a loss is a loss. If there is no moral victories, then there isn't a moral loss.

Good possibility they win 9 despite shitting the bed in 4 games. Seeing the returning roster and the schedule, I'd set the bar at 10 wins and wouldn't be shocked at all to see it.