I Think We Need to "Prepare" for a 10 Win Season Next Year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Nov 30, 2015.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Plus facing backup quarterbacks in back to back weeks.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This is football Sheol.... We have a "coach" who is just good enough to keep his job, yet not good enough to compete for championships. If (IF) UT gets to Atlanta next year they stand a very high likelihood to become the first ever Tennessee team to lose to Alabama twice in the same season. The Butchslurpers will sing his praises for even getting there and the rest of us will don the sackcloth and be throwing ashes on ourselves. Just kill me now.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I have no doubt Fuente will have it running in time, but I didn't see much to work with, especially year one game one.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

They'll be a team that goes 6-6 but gives everyone fits, beat somebody they're not supposed to.

5. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

UF was a 4th and 17 away from us going to Atlanta. I don't get this point when it can go in the other direction with ease.

6. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Also Va Tech isn't "stacked" on defense next year either. They lose 5 out of their front 7.

7. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Four of five oline (along with four of five backups) and both receivers and TE’s return, should be some good battles at QB and RB this spring. This and (’14 & ’15) class have good O talent, they’ll have depth

8. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm not going to [itch bay] about a 10 win (regular) season.

But losses to FL and Bama will keep us out of the SEC Championship most likely.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

But doesn't seem to you like we struggle more than we ought to?

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

That's assuming we hold our program to the same standards that Alabama does. That's not a safe assumption.

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'm never going to [itch bay] about a 10 win season, however Pyrrhic it may be. It will end, and at this point, I'm just thankful it isn't my money being wasted. I'm young, and eventually they're going to see that throwing their lot in behind mediocre coaches is not a Tennessee tradition. Eventually they'll realize that the winning tradition is the only one that matters. But until then, I give up. I can't fight this fight. I just have to hope that the boys on the field don't have their futures completely trashed and reap success when they leave.

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

True, but return all save one (Riley) of the backups from their two-deep rotation. Expect DT's Nijman and Settle from '15's class to be in the two-deep if not start

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm glad you can accept that.

14. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

Call me crazy.

We plaster FL next year.

15. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Can't pick us to win. Can't.

16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Heard this every year for the last three years. Until Butch does it, I'm not "booking" anything.

17. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

I know. I know. Believe me, I know.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You are crazy. I have thought this same thing for 4 years before this year. After the OU game, I knew we would not be FL.

Show me first.

19. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

We do absolutely. That being said if you're looking for a college coach that blows out all of the competition he's favored against you're going to be disappointed. Should we have beat USCjr to a pulp and then buried the remains under Neyland? Yes. Did we make a play to win the game? Yes.

For me right now it's not about how we beat somebody or who we struggled against that we should have handled with ease. It's about getting more W's in the column than we have the past 8 years. I just want this program to win again. I get the demeanor of most of the posters on here. We've all seen the dominance this program is capable of. The time will come when getting upset about 8, 9 or 10 win seasons is warranted. I just believe that time is not now.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Florida game is like an alcoholic life partner. "This time, things will be different."