The Other Shoe Dropping?: Sanders (should be) Suing DNC

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Dec 18, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

The GOP had the senate more than once in that time.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He was a mixed bag. The growth could have been even greater with less spending. Especially if we hadn't had expanded the war on drugs.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

And as proven with Bush, they don't give a shit about balancing and running a budget. Both parties are about cronyism and buying power.

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Now You and I are in perfect sync here. I have been telling any who listen that this country's only hope for survival in anything close to it's original entity is for the formation of a viable third party. One that can grab the people by the collar and shake the moldy morass of apathy and blindness out of their stupid minds. Most think it is not possible, IP will elaborate on this aspect. But damn it, it is possible if a grass roots movement of those like yourself could get organised in some way. My best idea is for those few if any, of the Dems and Republicans that have not totally subcummed to the brain washing of their party leaders to split off into a strong enough group to create necessary national attention. What is needed is courage, and putting this country ahead of personal gain, and turning a deaf ear to those naysayers who have nothing better to do than kill the ambitions and striving of the common man. They do this because they do not like to be exposed as and have to admit their lack of these attributes.

If you ever want to go past the talking stage to the doing one, by God I am ready to walk with you.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Whaaaa? Reagan raised taxes in 1982? Are you high? This might be the single dumbest statement in the history of this site

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Show me the increase:

[​IMG]

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh really? Look it up. He rolled back his initial tax cuts because unemployment was still high and the deficit was ballooning. That, combined with the 1984 tax rises constitute one of the largest peace time tax increases in American history.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

He increased corporate taxes. Your graph is for individuals.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Show me it and the ridiculous liberal blog it came from

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

congress.gov. Keep insulting me, it's working great for you.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

No he didn't

[​IMG]

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

How much work do I have to do for you? I'm sorry your narrowly-focused graphs from blogs aren't able to show you what the bill did.

From my eyes:

Title II subtitles B, C, F

Title VI subtitle B

You can check out the ultra liberal investopedia's summary, which states

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/tefra.asp

There's also a fairly detailed wikipedia page for you:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_Equity_and_Fiscal_Responsibility_Act_of_1982

Or you can look up any discussion of the bill. Like, any.

What you thought was the dumbest thing ever posted on this site is completely accurate. Take that as you will.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Show me the biggest increase in American history genius:

[​IMG]

I see a very slight uptick in corporate taxes, still near the lowest in American history btw, and a dramatic drop in the total percentage.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yes he dramatically reduced marginal tax rates and eliminated loopholes something I've been telling you for years and you didn't believe me. Net tax rates were significantly down as shown by the chart. And of course the chart shows everything. What is it leaving out?

Ha ha. I knew it was a liberal blog.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It also pretty clearly shows the rates were lower than today. So I assume you agree tax rates are just fine now right? Seeing as how Reagan is a tax and spend liberal and all

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Read the article. Ha ha ha ha. So it repealed future tax cuts. That's your argument for a tax increase? Haven't you made exactly the opposite argument about the Obama tax increases? The only difference is the Obama repeal of the tax cuts actually increased taxes year over year for Americans why this simply meant that in future years taxes wouldn't be LOWER than before. That's a tax increase? That's called flat taxes

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Short of rolling up the bill and smacking you with it, I don't know what more I can do. Everything I said is accurate.

By the way, I've asked before for a list of sources considered to be non-partisan and have never seen one posted. Feel free to list what sources you see as unbiased.