The Other Shoe Dropping?: Sanders (should be) Suing DNC

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Dec 18, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Still waiting for evidence taxes went up during his presidency. This and every other source on earth shows a dramatic drop during his presidency.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Btw amnesty at the time was considered pro business. He also dramatically cut welfare and other social services, dramatically increased spending on the military, and when he was governor of California dramatically reduced govt Union pensions. Those make him a democrat? Funny how he was unquestionably the most hated republican president by democrats in American history if he was one of their own.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Gee he increased it .05 after it hadn't been raised for 20 years. Really a burden on the American people. Btw gas prices also collapsed during his presidency.

[​IMG]

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

"income taxes' does not equal "all taxes."

http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/08/news/economy/reagan_years_taxes/

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It means I don't agree that he dramatically lowered taxes.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've posted several. The increase came from eliminating loopholes and certain deductibles. You aren't reading the stuff I've linked, including the bill.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

"At the time." Ya, we're talking about how he would be perceived now. I know it was considered differently at the time, that's the whole [dadgum] point.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's the vast majority of the tax revenue brought in. so it's absolutely absurd to argue that taxes went up for anyone.

you are still arguing tax as a percentage of gdp despite the fact I specifically showed that dropped significantly during his presidency?

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've read it. they all mention minor increases in taxes that dont' account to jack shit for the average American. I've shown you the total tax and individual numbers 50 times.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't agree water is wet.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he'd be perceived now as right wing. it's ridiculous to argue otherwise.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

notice all 3 drop from 1980 without your supposed huge increase:

[​IMG]

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Still is, but you'll never hear that mentioned in this day and age. It might upset the DNC - chiefs of labor unions alliance.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

talk about ridiculous agenda driven statistics:

Annual federal tax receipts during his presidency averaged 18.2% of GDP, a smidge below the average under President Carter -- and a smidge above the 40-year average today.

it dropped from 19.5% to 18% during his presidency. while carter's went up from 18% to 19.5% during his presidency. talk about lying through statistics. carter is getting credit for the prior regime's tax rates while Reagan is getting slammed because he inherited carter's tax rates. doesn't make a difference that Reagan lowered during his presidency while carter raised it? nah. it's exactly the same.

wow. and you wonder why I don't take you seriously on this stuff.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Droski, you're posting graphs that don't chart the claims I've made. The reason tax revenues increased was because the total tax was raised by closing loopholes and acceptions. You haven't found a graph for that yet, all you're doing is publicly masturbating to data that doesn't address the claim (if you can call it a claim, given the amount of links I've shared including primary sources).

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Tax revenues increased because 18 million Americans found jobs and started paying income taxes. I've already showed you the total tax rate decreased dramatically during his presidency. Not sure what sort of evidence you need. None of your links say he raised taxes overall net. Not a one. Why? Because that would be pure stupidity and obviously ludicrous.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Funny part is I've been saying for years he closed loopholes and you always told me how silly that was and how he was a puppet for the rich and how the rich are doing all these nepharious things to avoid taxes. My how times have changed.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

And also you were the one who set taxes as a percentage of gdp as the relevant metric until I showed how the percentage dramatically decreased during his presidency. Now you tell me that's not relavant. Sad and typical

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, the funny thing is that you tacitly admitted your own hypocrisy when you tried to claim equivalency between Obama letting something expire and Reagan actively signing a bill that largely cancelled out his previous tax cut. THAT's funny.