No executive order gun control thread?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jan 6, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you think there are never third parties that buy guns and then turn around and sell them to others?

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Gotta stock up on tradable non perishable commodities.

3. OrangeEmpire

Shipped here from out of country.

4. OrangeEmpire

This is all it comes down to.

It is nothing but grand standing.

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Concentrate on powder/primers...I haven't looked to see how hard they are to get lately as I don't need either. I have a ton of both... I may actually have a ton of brass, all calibers I reload for considered, and that doesn't even take into account the store bought ammo.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I wouldn't say that. Get to your point.

7. OrangeEmpire

8. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

If the excrement hits the fan, there will be plenty of guns laying on the ground. Buy ammo.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm guessing, totally guessing, most criminals that buy guns for less than honorable purposes have our will get them by lethal means.

If ATF additional funding helps stop these guys then great. But I'm not expecting the rashly shady gun salesmen to suddenly comply.

10. OrangeEmpire

Illegal guns are no different that illegal drugs, sex etc coming into this country. If there is a buck to be made, all of those things listed will get into the country.

Think of all the weapons that the old soviet blocked flooded into the world market over the past 70 years.

Poland, Hungary and Slovakia were/are the crossroads of illegal activity and this is just a tiny spot in the world.

11. OrangeEmpire

On a side note, the ATF is a great retired on duty job.

12. OrangeEmpire

http://www.theonion.com/article/nation-shudders-think-how-mad-nra-would-be-if-obam-52131

Best news source on the planet

13. Savage Orange

The best Onion article ever

Peyton Manning's Wife Tired Of His Constant 'Audibles' At The 'Line Of Scrimmage'

SPORTS NEWS IN BRIEF October 13, 2005
    VOL 41 ISSUE 41 · Sports · Marriage · Sex · Athletes · Peyton Manning
    INDIANAPOLIS—According to sources close to Ashley Manning, wife of Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, the All-Pro's constant audibles on the playing field are mirrored in his intimately personal life, a fact that Mrs. Manning sometimes finds exasperating. "I mean, sometimes when we, you know, 'take the field,' and the 'formation' is all 'lined up,' and Peyton gets all set 'under center,' he will start barking out new signals," Mrs. Manning said. "Suddenly, it's 'Flip Right Hawk 62! Deuce Right, Waggle 15H Throwback C-Posts! Dice Right 218 Bastard! Yes! Yes! Yes!' And I'm like, Peyton, we're at 'third and inches' here, honey. Please, just 'snap the ball.'" Mrs. Manning did note, however, that her husband was a remarkably talented "field general" with a "rifle arm" who "led the league" in "finding the end zone" last season.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I loved the troll job on their Twitter talking about the new regulations and them selling guns to drug cartel members.

I'd also like to hear about our government selling arms to rebels in Syria, which is only allowed during an act of war since they're not a government.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My favorite was "Dolphins Evolve Opposable Thumbs, 'Oh, Shit!', Says Humanity"

16. Savage Orange

The Onion is fantastic, all around. I love it when some numbskull posts an article on Facebook like its for real...

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What executive order?

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Can someone with FFL background/knowledge explain the license requirement to sell guns?

Because an FFL is tied to a location. Period. It isn't tied to a person.

If I wanted to get an FFL, I would have to tie it to an address. That address becomes available to inspection upon approval. So if I tie my FFL to my home, my home becomes available for inspection. Warrant less inspection, mind.

So a lot of people don't want to do it, for that reason. But the EO seems to say that the location doesn't matter. It is based on the person.

So are we now going to get to have FFLs that are tied to people? Because that would be friggen awesome.

All the perks, none of the hassle? Do I need to jump on this so I can get my FFL tied to a hotel room before the ATF figures out what this thing means?

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Best ever was "Very Special Forces Sent to Afghanistan".

20. OrangeEmpire