No executive order gun control thread?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jan 6, 2016.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

There will always be a way to illegally purchase a weapon. Always. That said, I have no problems with 3rd party sellers having to conduct background checks. For most of us, it's a formality, to some it's a deterrent, to the guy that's wanting to commit murder, it's a minor road block.

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

[​IMG]

I gotta remember to use this 8th mail stuff more often

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Probably should say sandy hook tears, since that was the topic. Let's mock the death of those kids. Their stupid parents hate freedom too.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

However sad it is emotion shouldn't drive policy and he's not doing anything from his POs that would have changed sandy hook.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree emotions shouldn't drive policy. So let's talk about how to curb access to guns by the wrong people rather than acting like paranoid 4 year olds with their favorite toy

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Bullcrap. It's clearly mocking Obama's fake reaction to drum up support for his policy.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

His fake reaction. Yes, I'm sure he forced some crocodile tears after meeting with Sandy Hook families and it didn't affect him in the least. Like W. Bush faked crocodile tears after meeting with soldiers' families. Give me a break. That's cynicism beyond all reason.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

All reason? Please. They both knew what they were doing. Lot me pause for a sec. OK cameras stopped clicking. I'll resume.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Free cheese would have saved those kids.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Exactly. Make it harder for those who might shoot back.

11. OrangeEmpire

Are you really this uptight in real life?

12. OrangeEmpire

That speech was nothing more than grandstanding.

It is what it is.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

fyp

14. OrangeEmpire

I do not think that at all.

IP plays a role, like we all do.

I have always wondered if IP morphed into the liberal equivalent of the jackwagons he grew up with.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That statement would grow roses. The why doesn't really matter.

16. OrangeEmpire

[​IMG]

17. OrangeEmpire

Really, one would think that Chicago would be at the forefront of gun control narrative.

18. OrangeEmpire

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I did enjoy Obama telling the woman that might want a gun for protection against a rape that you'll shoot your eye out kid.

20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I love Obama's phony exasperation and constant use of catchphrases like "common sense measures" and the like... As though people are lacking "common sense" by wanting the government to actually enforce laws already on the books and you know... actually make some sort of effort to follow the Constitution. Like OE and others have said though, it's all eyewash. Obama (and everyone else) knows gun control is a losing proposition for the Democrats.