No executive order gun control thread?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Jan 6, 2016.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

hahahahahahhahahahaha

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

HPS?

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Whoever mentioned grandstanding nailed it.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you arguing that the KKK represents American citizens because their members are American citizens? I think we're speaking at cross purposes here.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sadly the kkk at one time did represent a large portion of population and still a small segment today.

I think the NRA has a pretty big following and represents a fairly large segment of our population, but I don't think that's a negative in the way that the klan was since they're not fighting to oppress individual rights.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Having just read the very special forces one, it may be the best.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Idk, man... 318 million Americans and NRA membership (estimates vary) is at around 3.5 million... Many gun owners (myself included) would not join the NRA on a bet. They have the biggest platform for sure and are definitely the most politically entrenched organization but by NO means do they speak for all gun owners.

13. Savage Orange

14. OrangeEmpire

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

My gun range is insured by the NRA, and thus all members are required to be members of the NRA.

So I'm a reluctant member. But I bargain shop my membership dues every month, and have unsubscribed from all their mailers and such.

I also make them send me the magazine. Which I flip through and toss in the trash.

I'm probably a net loss for the NRA.

16. OrangeEmpire

I am a member for no other reason than to piss people off.

It is amazing how much a sticker can make a complete stranger so angry that they are compelled to tell you their thoughts on gun control, violence, etc.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You were talking about the NRA, I thought.

18. Savage Orange

If they saved all the money they spend on mailing out shit soliciting donations they'd have a ton more money! I realize they probably don't pay postage but the materials, envelopes, stickers, fake membership cards and all that other shit adds up. I must get three or four packages a year from the NRA and I toss 'em straight in the trash.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

When they call, tell them you can't afford it. It seemed to get me out of calls for 5-7 years, and I only rarely get stuff in the mail.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My biggest complaint with them is that they waste money propping up pro-gun candidates I don't support for other reasons. That, and I don't get jack squat out of the membership otherwise.