Sounds like Jancek is out

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Knox9552, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Not sure whose twitter this came from, I'm assuming Tony B's, posted on the other place.Oh man if true...

SIAP

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Never had a defense outside the top 25.

This is a big time hire.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Absolutely. And he's never had talent like we've got either. I am looking for Bama/LSU type production next year.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wait. Basilio says he doesn't like message boards, but then literally reports what "the boards" are saying?

5. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

I think most people may not realize the significance of this hire but they will next fall. Would be shocked not to see some serious D commits before signing day.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

he plays the crowd

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jim Haslett

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You know, I just thought of something. This program started seeing dividends right away right after the picture was taken.

What picture?

[​IMG]

Coincidence?

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm confused about Haslett. You'd think he could get at least a coordinator job somewhere good if he wants it.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is a top DC.

11. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Penn st. has had horrendous offenses the last two years. They played Ohio St,Michigan St.,Michigan this year. The defense held Indiana's high powered offense to 7 pts and 234 yds total. They did have three solid D lineman that will be drafted but had very little depth.

This is a tremendous hire if it is official.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Fixed.

13. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

I'll take it.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Has anyone given a timeline of when this stuff is supposed to start becoming official?

I'm still holding out for a QB coach as well.

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I thought our fortunes went in the toilet the day John Ward stepped away from the booth and I remember (and may have even commented) that this picture was proof that the curse was broken.

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Honestly you can't point me to many coordinators who are saviors. I don't expect magic from any hire. They're always a gamble to some degree.

I'm way past getting excited over any recruit or any assistant. Pretty close to being past excited over any one coach. However some are such upgrades over others that you know you're improving. There's also some of that with coordinators. This is an upgrade. Hard to say how much that changes results. But I like the effort.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It proves Butch is willing to go outside the "family" to improve the team. We weren't sure he was willing to do that until recently.

This is all assuming Shoop is the guy, though.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

[youtube]aJ3PEtkIw1k[/youtube]

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He was a fortunate comeback against GA from the season completely falling apart and going 6-6 or worse. I think he realized some things at that point that he took for granted previously. Dont know if it will be enough but, positive regardless. I still think he needs to make 2 or 3 more moves followed by these type hires.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Depending on which assistants he brings.