Sounds like Jancek is out

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Knox9552, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Feel the same way. Yes we had the fluke Jalen Hurd fumble for 6 but there's no reason to give up nearly 20 points in the first quarter and a half against a one dimensional UGA team that lost their best player on the first touch.

2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

A Shoop/Haslett combination raises the legitimacy of your defensive staff reeeeeeal quick. I mean damn. What a pivot from "the only guys Mark Richt has ever fired".

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Can Martinez, bring in shoop on D and dbacks, a la Saban, then bring on QB coach who can help bumblenuts on offense.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

With Butkus and Saban to coach DBs.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

There's a rumor about a Penn St team meeting tomorrow morning. If true, I'm guessing that's when it really gets out there.

6. Volsfan31

Volsfan31 Member

It isn't true.

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I've been had!

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Butch getting out of his own way has always been considered key for his success here. Are you telling me that Butch gets it?

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He's not aware enough of his limitations. The dumbest guy in the room never knows his station.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

While we are at it, we should hire a timeout/clock management coordinator. Get that shit out of Butch's hands asap.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He blows at it, but I hear DeBord is much of the problem on offense.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Depends on how far out of the way he gets. He still needs better coaches at more spots.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

14 of them were from returns.

14. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Based on VQs weekly War Room.....

Shoop is far and away the main target. Tennessee is expected to have a face to face with him soon (some suggestions elsewhere that it will be tomorrow). 3 year deal is no longer a hold up nor is money to pay him. Only hang up at this point may be his buyout which could be about 750K. (It just has that Brent Hubbs cryptic message feeling that makes you think its very close to done)

If its not Shoop, option #2 is Brady Hoke. He spent a lot of time in Knoxville this year and is friends with Stripling and others. Oregon is also vetting him for their DC position.

It sounds like Arranda could have been ahead of or right there with Shoop on the wish list, but Miles hopped in private jet after they NYE game and hammered out a deal while TN was playing in the Outback Bowl.

Behind Brady Hoke, it looks like maybe Conklin....

TN needs to nail this down with Shoop on Friday. Spend 2-3 days arguing over a buyout and then all the sudden he could be off the board along with possibly Hoke...and just like that you are down to option 4 or 5 in which case you might as well just have kept the guy you have.

Also, Thig and Gillespie getting big raises. Martinez and DeBord will get bumped as well.

15. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

lol. Sounds like a typical Tennessee coaching search.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rumor is that at times, Dobbs just said "eff it" and called a play at the line because Debord was taking too long. As bad as that is, imagine how much worse it would be if we didn't have a ****ing rocket scientist playing QB.

17. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I think there's a lot to that last sentence. It's a good thing that he's physically tough too.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm a fan of this.

19. JayVols

Think "sports entertainment" on the radio.

20. JayVols

Would you take the bet if he did???