FBI Admits Active Hillary Investigation

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Feb 9, 2016.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I misinterpreted your intent apparently. I was reading your point as being the others should just be overlooked.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

absolutely not. i'm simply suggesting what she did is far worse and should be treated accordingly.

3. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

If you or I had a security clearance & worked for a government organization and wanted to host classified emails on our private server, they'd laugh in our face and then probably fire us.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you don't need security clearance or classified emails. most financial firms would fire you if you were doing company business with your private email.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hell, I can't even send a materials list to a sales rep's personal email, much less anything that matters

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Which is why her "None were marked 'confidential' at the time" excuse is BS. But she doesn't worry, she knows nobody will call her on it. It's just a vast right wing conspiracy.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You called out Condi who never used email and Powell who can't control what someone sends him.

8. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Exactly. I don't know how it would work, but can you imagine the arm twisting and intimidation that went on in getting that private email server set up? She doesn't bring a staff with her that takes over all things State Dept. There would be protocols for IT and security to set things like that up. I'm not letting her off the hook for a second, but it just goes to show how corrupt Washington is.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think it is more helpful not to conflate the two or otherwise the issues get confused. To me,

1) She received and possibly sent unauthorized born-classified (but not reviewed and labeled classified) information
    2) She conducted business from an email address hosted on a private server

The first offense becomes more complicated given the second. The second shouldn't happen regardless of the first but I don't think it's illegal. The legality is purely tied up in the first. The severity of how its prosecuted could be influenced by the second.

10. TennTradition

I honestly wonder how common it is at these levels. It is a way to avoid FOIA requests (potentially) and the biggest driver was probably so they could use the mobile devices they wanted to use rather than s government supplied phone that was probably a model no one wanted.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You are comparing Condi who never used email and Powell who received 2 that he had no control over, just as you cannot control what someone sends you, to..

Hillary setting up a private email server in her house with unknown firewall and security, hiring a company with no security clearance to install and manage it, using it to send State Department information that you knew some would never be made public for confidentiality or security reasons, and handing it over for review to a Law Firm that also has no security clearance.

Partisan much?

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Even peons are supposed to recognize potential "born-classified" information and handle it appropriately. This is a tired excuse.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Horsecrap. You know better than this. She knew. This was intentional.

14. TennTradition

But the issue is actually separate from the private email server. It would be an issue regardless. I will also add it is a MUCH bigger issue to handle marked classified information on no classified systems. If for no other reason than the fact that it flags it as something important for others to pay attention to.

15. TennTradition

If there was intent to handle classified info then she would have been scanning and forwarding classified docs. Mentioning a name that when tied to an email in the chain below makes the chain classified doesn't denote intent to handle classified info on that server. Receiving emails where someone else abused their non-classified system and emailed born-classified information does not equal intent to store classified info when setting up that server.

I'm not saying those case are inclusive of all of her activity and there could be actions that signal clear disregard for the proper handling of classified information. Even then, I'm not sure that signals an intent to do that when she set the server up. Regardless of intent, if it is willful disregard to follow proper handling guidelines then that is easily prosecutable.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I agree it is separate from the server issue, but whether or not it was flagged should not be relevant.

17. TennTradition

It is and isn't. One case of transferring marked documents on non-secure systems is an automatic fireable offense. Sparse cases of missing born-classified information could lead to reprimands rather than firing. I'm talking about non-secretary level obviously. But the standard is different though in principle I get what you are saying.

We should also at least acknowledge that some of these might not be born-classified issues. It is entirely possible that reviewers at state could have regarded the connections as unclassified but other agencies view them as classified. So when reviewed outside of state they could become classified.

I was always very cognizant of born-classified and used extreme caution. I knew I could easily be fired because I didn't mean much. I'm sure that caution decreases as the size of the member you swing increases. That's just reality I guess.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yes it's hard for me to believe she was this ignorant or dumb.

19. TennTradition

The statement was that moving to a private server to handle secret info is illegal as hell. That isn't why she moved to it and there hasn't been a case made that indicates she was widely handling classified info on it. The legality is hardly tied to the private server in my opinion. As for ignorance, it is pretty easy for any government communications that involve dates, people, etc to be reviewed and determined to be classified.

I'm only arguing the point because I keep hearing people say she set up a private server to handle classified info. That's just wrong.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's been reported she never used her govt email. She's the Secretary of State of course there will be classified info there