FBI Admits Active Hillary Investigation

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Feb 9, 2016.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Damn you jg, now I've got to clean the Coke off my desk.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

And, she added to it

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Depending on what she wrote, yes.

4. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Exactly. The Clinton machine has never cared about obeying the law.

I know they're supposed to be on the same team, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bill is smiling a little on the inside at Hillary getting her hand caught in the cookie jar. Not openly. That's how you end up dead.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Hillary's email server had email that are deemed Confidential, Top Secret, etc.

She had a private company managing the server. When news broke that she had a private email server she turned it over to her attorney (who knows who had access to it then).

I doubt everyone who had access to the server/emails has Federal clearance to Confidential, Top Secret, etc. information.

Why is more not being made of that?

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

If shit hits the fan, that will have to come out. Knowing the Clintons this will go away.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

9. JayVols

Partisan moreso than racist, imo.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No. I hadn't even heard it. If they knowingly did it, like Battle axe, pound them. 2 and 10 over the course of their tenure sounds incidental more than willfully avoiding the law.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

12. JayVols

Breaking the law is breaking the law, no?

13. TennTradition

The sheer volume of information that is discussed at this level that could be deemed classified means this is bound to happen - that classified (but unmarked) info wild accidentally be sent on unclassified systems. However it doesn't explain why the secretaries or staffers were receiving the emails on personal accounts. While either is a breach of protocol, you would think that the information is less secure on personal addresses than state addresses - even if neither are secured for classified information.

14. TennTradition

I don't think receiving the emails is breaking the law. Writing them would be - though whether or not you would prosecute that depends on whether it would have been classified at that time or just retroactively and the nature of the threat posed by the practice.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Seriously?!? Did you read what you linked?

It found that Powell received two emails that were classified and that the "immediate staff" working for Rice received 10 emails that were classified...

Additionally, Powell said he never kept the emails in his possession when he left the State Department. Unlike Clinton, Powell's emails remained in government computer servers.

An aide to Rice, who now teaches at Stanford University, said that Rice herself never used email -- not even a personal email account -- during her tenure.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yeah, Hillary is a criminal. We all agree.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I get email all the time from Nigerian scam artist. I hope that I don't get prosecuted for receiving them

18. TennTradition

Did CNN screw up the headline or did Powell have a 'personal' email address on government servers?

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If you were Secretary of State and did your correspondence via email; would it be safe to say that you knew some correspondence would never be made public?

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this is more damning than anything.