2016 New Hampshire Primaries

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

1. Pelosi is not the goup's spokesman. I guess I'll take everything Paul Ryan says as the view of the Right and purport it to be what everyone conservative says "constantly". I don't think Ryan or Pelosi really represent much of anything in terms of political ideological leadership to the Left or Right.

2. It makes a difference because she isn't doing what she says you are doing, saying that those who are against illegal immigration are so because they are racist. She says that the bill hasn't been put forth because it's about race based upon comments she heard (or claimed to have heard). It's quite different than your characterization.

2. Unimane

I said in terms of the polls and gave a rough estimate. He's hovering at about 30% of the Republican vote and I did some basic arithmetic to arrive at my estimate. Maybe someone can offer a more scientific conclusion. Hell, even you don't support him, his biggest advocate on this board. You just like him as The Joker Option.

3. Unimane

Unrealistic and impractical, in terms of wanting all illegal immigrants deported and in the mainstream with wanting a secure border.

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Reasonable, realistic, right, rare.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The first argument is that it's expensive as hell. A path to citizenship (read: a path to becoming a taxpayer) makes much more sense financially.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

When it gets stupid and inexplicable, the nuance of these great thinkers is way beyond conservatives. Gotta go to interwebz research. Heaven forbid one of them think.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Another ad hominem classic.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

1. yes if paul ryan says something as chairman i'd take it as coming from the republican party. and please don't pretend that's the first time racism has been called in that discussion.

2. what? how can you possibly say that she isn't saying it's about racism? are you serious? did you read the comments? what do you think she's implying exactly? "well if you were irish it wouldn't be a problem." wow!

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The welfare and medical laws have changed this dramatically.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Who else on this site uses that stupid ass defense of their view? Great thinker you are. Post me a link to a graph you don't understand. Maybe some skewed research. It's always impressive.

12. Unimane

1. Yes, but they don't either represent the monolith called the "Left" or "Right" that you suggested.

2. She said that's the comment she was told. Goddamit, read the ****ing quote.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

To be a defense on my view, you'd have to attack the view and not me.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Silliness. You act like I haven't spent years laughing at you posting graphs out of context or that you don't get. I presume your warming crap is squared away, but wouldn't bet on it, from a community that makes a living skewing data.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  15. Unimane

You passing off this argument again, that I said Republicans can't understand nuance or the variations contained within the problem? You, the one who has spent all these years telling liberals how "stupid" and "silly" their arguments of "dumbassery" are, wants to go this route still? OK. As I said, there's a difference between can't and won't.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

1. they represent their thinking unquestionably

2. and she told this "story" for what purpose if not to outright say racism was the problem? are we arguing semantics here? are you seriously telling me she wasn't saying racism was as a major reason for the delay?

17. Unimane

1. Says who? You? Sorry, I'm not going to rely upon you or Pelosi as either the determiner of "Left" philosophy or her as its ideological leader (Or even one of them).

2. We're arguing about the delay on the vote or the actual point you stated of anyone being against illegal immigration labelled as racist? Because they aren't the same.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

1. Then who pray tell is?

2. How are they different. I'm all ears

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Yes. Act like you aren't the clown who just threw out nuance to support that Hispanics aren't being courted around the immigration issue.

20. Unimane

1. One person? There's a lot more infuential people that qualify as contribtors to liberal ideas. Shit, Sanders is way more influential than Pelosi ever dreamed of being. What ideas or laws has she ever produced? Hell, I can't even tell you what her philosophy is, she's just a plastic bureaucrat.

2. She said the law wasn't come up for debate because of race, based upon something specific she was told. Nothing about the idea that anyone who opposes illegal immigrants is only that way because they are racist.