South Carolina Primary

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JT5, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Wasn't one robotically speaking talking-point focused candidate enough?

Would have changed nothing, unless worse.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He was a complete idiot for not doing that.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

We would have already known he was an empty suit by the time this cycle would have come around.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Disagree. Rubio would have helped him win. IMO

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Come back, Rand...

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Romney was never going to win last time around. Robin would not have changed that.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Yup. None of the other remaining Republican options would make acceptable presidents. Rubio may be the guy, but he really shouldn't be.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He would have carried Florida and even if he lost, Rubio would have greater momentum this go round.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I am both intrigued and terrified by the possibilities of a Trump presidency.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So do Bush supporters and donors now shift to Rubio? I am for anything that keeps Cruz no greater than 3rd.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I agree. He says that he will surround himself with the best minds regardless of affiliation.

12. TennTradition

Normally I would say yes they do. But Rubio and Bush ran a tough race against each other.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

14. TennTradition

Beck can't shut up soon enough.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Seems like he's gotten much more "out there" recently

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I do think he's smart enough to surround himself with what he feels are the best available people

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Sure has. I used to watch his show on Headline News every now and then, he always seemed like a sensible guy. He has gone batshit crazy the past few years.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Why terrified? Obama is the worst president of my life and what did he really do. That idiot mursered us with the worst HC imaginable, but the finances were already destroyed. Trump can only go up on the one issue that made us great and can doom us. The rest of it is all window dressing.

19. TennTradition

I'm most worried about how far some will take the culture he creates. Dude was one of the leaders of the birther movement. He's out there talking about dipping bullets in pigs blood. He is tapping into the angry subculture of America and I don't want to see his election ignite the wackos.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Which is why I think he would do fine. He is good at surrounding himself with people who know what they are doing.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016