The Undefeated

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, May 19, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like LeBron, but how many times did Peyton say he was going to bring 8 championships to Denver?

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't buy it. Not until after the move. Then, hordes watched just to see him lose. Orchestrated his own team to win. I can see why people look down at that.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

He's got two and at most he should have three.

4. hatvol96

When did he do that? Marvin Harrison, Edge, a bunch of all pro o line guys. Kurt Warner won with all offense teams. Manning did no more winning without an all time defense than he did.

5. hatvol96

Anyone who looks down on that is a [dadgum] idiot. So, companies run by Ivy League white guys merge to maximize return, but God forbid a bunch of black basketball players do the same. Heretics! Blasphmeres!

6. hatvol96

Name a series other than maybe the Finals in Miami against Dallas where LeBron choked.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Please. Of course he did. He went to the playoffs, conf title game and SB with sorry teams for well over a decade. He also did it without those receivers or RB.

8. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Manning's defense was undersized garbage that got destroyed against the run for most of his career, though. Warner's wasn't great, but Manning played on some of the least physical teams in the NFL.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

7 game series change the likelihood of choking. The best teams win the vast majority of 7 game series.

10. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

2010 against Boston. That was more him checking out early, but that doesn't excuse it

11. hatvol96

Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Marcus Pollard, et al. All better than any teammate LeBron had in his first go round in Cleveland.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I laughed. Dallas Clark.

He wasn't near as good as Wade or Bosh. Getting to beat the garbage East made the finals visits.

James has done no more than Manning did.

13. hatvol96

Because unlike Tom Brady and other guys who wanted to win, his money hungry ass never took a discount to get any help. You know, like LeBron taking under the max in Miami so they could afford Battier, Miller, and Birdman.

14. hatvol96

Dallas Clark made Pro Bowls. How many All Star appearances did LeBron's supporting cast make in Cleveland V 1.0?

15. hatvol96

Wade and Bosh played in Cleveland with him? Reading is [dadgum] fundamental.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Pro bowls are crap. Every WR with manning made pro bowl type numbers. The only one who kept it without him was Wayne, who was legit in any circumstance.

And for the record, I think James is one of the best basketball players ever. I'd wouldn't be upset with him over Jordan. I'm not sold on Jordan as the guy.

17. VictrixRapax

VictrixRapax New Member

Manning could make a lot of TEs Pro Bowlers. To say Dallas Clark was any better in his respective sport than Carlos Boozer or Big Z is to utter flat-out nonsense.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Don't be silly. The Cleveland team made it because the east literally had nothing. They couldn't have beaten any one of about 5 west teams.

Wade and Bosh went with him and they got plowed by a Dallas team.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Complete nonsense.

20. hatvol96

Correct. Name a series where LeBron lost as obviously the best team. Then, count up the number of times Captain Stats got fed a shitburger by a lower seed. Also, look at the NFL talent Florida had and what Manning had at his disposal here. He's just another Phil Mickelson. A fraud who wealthy white America loves because he looks and acts like the say nothing, stand for nothing robots they are.