The Undefeated

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, May 19, 2016.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

In 7 years they gave him nothing to work with, no coincidence they had one of the worst seasons ever after the left, it would have been the same result for every single team he played on during those years.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

because we're not making arguments about them having to drag sorry teams to the finals.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Manning's teams had enormous success only because he was on them too. You're going to be in a ridiculously small, borderline crazy minority in arguing otherwise. I'm not arguing that LeBron's were any different. They were there because of him and he has always been the best player on the floor.

I don't care that he used leverage to win. I don't disagree with him, but it's plenty proof that he wasn't going to drag stiffs to the title. That would be the point.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think they were clearly better, because Detroit didn't have any answer for LeBron. Terrible matchup for Detroit. Manning doesn't get this benefit from you when he's beating clearly better Patriot teams, which he has done a helluva bunch in the playoffs.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and Brady sucks for throwing to all those underneath white guys that he has made stars. Hate him too?

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

This is kind of an absurd comparison, although I guess it's as close as you can get with white people.

7. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Even Welker and Amendola were good before Brady. Brady inflates numbers too, but I'm not sure he really has a Stokley equivalent.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Welker and Edelman.

9. NashVol11

I used to think that about Edelman, but that guy is freakishly quick. He has to be one of the quickest at changing direction not named Brown.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Brady throws them open. The Pats staff gets them the ball.

11. NashVol11

Both are good players, though. The Pats traded a second round pick for Welker IIRC. They're not average guys in great situations to the extent that Stokley was.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Edelman is a QB. Both are quick, not dominant.

13. NashVol11

Neither is dominant. I'm just saying elite quickness makes Edelman a lot better than Stokley, who wasn't close to elite in any area.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If they were clearly inferior to New England, why did Manning's team have home field each and every time they beat the Patriots? They sure never beat them at Gillette.

15. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If you think it is an absurd comparison I am even more confident that it is spot on.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He did beat them at Gillette. They had better records because Manning kept winning MVPs. Does he get some credit for establishing home field, or does the argument need to keep changing so we can disparage Manning?

17. VictrixRapax

VictrixRapax New Member

I like LeBron, but making money is not a zero-sum game. Next.

18. NashVol11

I'm with BPV on this one. Brady had much better teams around him and built his legacy winning with ~3500 yards passing and great defenses. Manning's teams had better records because of Manning, not because of Gary Brackett and Cato June.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's racist

I'm joking by the way