Retirement: What's your number?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Dec 20, 2016.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's what I expect I will do with myself minus the music since I have no musical talent at all. Volunteer and advise. Hopefully that will be enough to keep me busy.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You want to have sex with his painting?

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

If there's not a hole in it when I get it, there will be when I'm done with it.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

No nudes. Tanks okay.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm going to build a kitchen table out of walnut.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't know if I'll ever fully retire. I'm about to build a 10,000 sq ft warehouse to rent out, so we'll see how that goes. If it goes well, I'll build a few more.

I have no debt other than my house, which I'm trying to pay off by 2018.

The way Nashville is booming, I haven't really stopped to think about anything other than getting caught up, which isn't a bad thing.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Screw that, make me a duck call.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't have a lathe or a press or I would.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You can make good money building those farm tables.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

My Father-in-Law makes farm tables. Most people around here aren't willing to pay for them though. They like the look but for some reason think $300 is a fair price. He's so tired of dealing with people he only makes them on request at this point.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

People think $300 for a hand-made one off table is "fair"? HAHAHAHAHAHahahahaha

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You want to build a 20,000 sq. foot one for me in 2018?

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

In Tennessee?

14. cpninja

cpninja Member

My dad was the same way. Hated not doing "productive" stuff on his days off, so he picked up beekeeping as a hobby. If you only keep a small number of hives they're a pretty flexible hobby too, you can pour hours and hours of work into it or just spend a couple hours a week on 'em. And if you like honey then its hard to beat having local honey.

15. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

kept bees for a few years, and it was an interesting hobby, but required a bit of work. Loved the fresh honey, but lost all colonies to mites.

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Go for that position, avocation, or wild idea you thought about but did not pursue because it did not pay well enough. Will not matter then. How do I know there is such a thing? Just cannot imagine you not having one. Pardon my presumptuousness if I am wrong.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Southern Indiana

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I have noticed more and more people getting into this. It's very intriguing.

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Lived in Terra Haute at one time for a short time.

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

It is much easier to do now with hives you can drain the honey without disturbing the bees. The critters are amazing in their ways of delegating work, and just overall society.