Butch Ranked #1 Coach on Hot Seat for 2017

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JayVols, Mar 29, 2017.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I agree.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You know me. It's gonna take something a hell of a lot more monumental to get me out of bed at 4 am

3. JohnnyQuickkick

And you keep telling the kids to get off your lawn, grumps

4. JayVols

Says the first guy to always rush in to defend every puff piece.

Hold. It. High.

5. JayVols

You can bet on it.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

I've invested half my life into the place. There's a lot more going on than crappy athletics. I'm fine to see the place get some positive publicity. If that makes me a true fan, or whatever, fine

7. JayVols

So, we're going to play, You only have one degree from the place, but I've been here half my life, huh?

You're probably close to half my age. If you want to go that route, you still have some catching up to do.

I get having pride in this. That's precisely why I want actual accomplishments instead of fictional life championships and world records for forming a human letter. Pride demands nothing short of the best not making excuses for less.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

Holy hell. It's nothing to do with anybody's relative worth. I've literally spent about half my days on this earth in a university building.

I'm not making excuses for anything.

I don't mind some positive publicity. It doesn't mean I'm fine with everything going on.

9. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Pride also demands you look silly by displaying massive amounts of pettiness. Pride isn't an amazing attribute all the time.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's been a universal shit show since they ran off Loren Crabtree.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

In a lot of ways. There's still a lot of good stuff being done in which all the nonsense is too far up to matter.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't mind the puff piece. Making Butch Jones the face of our University makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit,

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It is

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

They were at Oklahoma yesterday; didn't see Stoops mugging the camera.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

In this wretched hive of scum and villainy, sure.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm waiting for the day in the near future where we set the record for most numbers of "segments" in a human centipede. I actually wouldn't mind this so much if Jones weren't the King of Stupid, Inconsequential Shit Given Undue Relevance and Importance. In fact, I may have given him an idea of a new ring or banner he could hang in the football complex, although I'm not sure if it's the kingship or the human centipede one he'd be most interested in.

17. JayVols

I agree Life Championships & world's largest human letter are terribly petty things.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

My thoughts exactly.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I didn't see it. Did they let Peyton be the final piece of the human letter?

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

This isn't something to get up in arms about people. Any other university would have agreed to doing something for the today show. And we all knew Botch would demand to be front and center.