Speaking of Patterns

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jul 14, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you saying it is reasonable to think a hit man killed him, but not reasonable to speculate how hit men could operate?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not at all. Not sure where you got that. Maybe you thought my joke about hiring hitmen was me mocking you. I assure you it was just a joke.

I don't know anything about this guy other than he's another kind of unusual death linked to the Clintons. They are now finished so I don't really care to pursue the conspiracy. I was just debating the methodology of hitmen because it seemed interesting.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I read somewhere that there was a nearly undetectable drug that induces heart attacks. Maybe it's not undetectable, but maybe something they wouldn't check. Not really sure, but it was an interesting read.

I'd think that if a hitman wanted to snuff out an 81 y/o man, a heart attack would raise the least amount of suspicion. But like you, my hitman experience is quite limited.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

But you've got to restrain him to inject the stuff. And he's 81, so he probably bruises easy. And there's likely an injection wound. All this stuff would indicate an attack.

And yes, I do realize there would be similar issues with trying to make it look like suicide.

5. JayVols

Actually, from the article I read, they used a tiny ice projectile fired from a gun to deliver the drug. Just left a tiny red dot that could easily be mistaken for an age spot or something.

It was super-duper spy, ummmm, spy-y.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't know about ice bullets, as Mythbusters pretty much debunked that.

However, there is a factual event where a diplomat was assassinated by a little metal pellet shot out of an umbrella tip, and in the pellet was poison.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or just some hydroflouric acid in his coffee. Wouldn't notice, HF reacts with tissue to release calcium ions into the bloodstream and cardiac failure within the day.

8. JayVols

I saw that one too, but just highlighting what the article said.

You ever watch Bones? They did an episode where Brennan was shot by an ice bullet. Wasn't water as it wouldn't work like the Mythbusters piece showed. The bullet was made of blood that had all the serum or whatever spun out of it leaving behind, I think, the more dense cells that they froze to get enough density to penetrate. They caught the shooter when they detected 2 blood types. Yeah, it's a TV show, but I found it interesting.

9. JayVols

I'm getting concerned. Too many folks know how to stealthily off someone up in here.

10. NorrisAlan

Speaking of that, when are you coming down to Norris for some dinner?

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Tons of people have gone after the Clintons. So, two questions. What would make this guy, or the two guys, a target over the numerous others. Second, why aren't there a pile of dead bodies of Clinton interferers. Also, why is the guy who, reasonably, rejects any conspiracy theories on JFK willing to entertain them in regards to the Clintons?

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure death by asphyxiation would be reasonably violent and if protested by an 81 yo would leave marks.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Ice doesn't make for a good projectile, the density is all wrong.

I would think high concentration liquid potassium, with CO2 behind and a seal on the needle so you just have to get a hand on them, the needle would penetrate, the needle moving back with the hand going forward would break the seal, the CO2 would then push the potassium out through the needle and into the target would work well.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I dont know if we can talk about jfk anymore. Might get us on a list.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can inject liquid into the skin without a needle. It hurts, but it is used some with animals. It is a matter of a quick strong piston forcing the liquid into the skin.

I really doubt that would be a good way to attack someone though because if they were resisting it could spray and leave a residue

16. NorrisAlan

Or simply club him over the head, take his money or other valuables, and make it look like a robbery gone bad.

17. JayVols

Not sure....now....

18. JayVols

Right. Didn't necessarily mean water ice. The thing I read didn't specify the type of ice.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I realize that, hence the second paragraph.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Id think that would cause some detectable esophageal burning.