Forbes: Is "RussiaGate" Really "HillaryGate"?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Can something launched by the Democrats ever come back to bite their own ass? Surely, they are smarter than this.

You'll never get anyone to follow such a twistedly intricate road of deception, as this:
    But, but, but "muh Russia!"
    Surely not. The Dems have to be better than this.

Might want to set down before this little bit - some might faint with shock:
    (All emphasis is mine)

I'd like to know who the Republican donor was who first financed the group, and then, if Hillary / the Dems continued their efforts, as the author suggests. Then - and only then - to know if the dossier was a product of Russian intelligence officials.

Just an interesting take.

Link: https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulro...s-russiagate-really-hillarygate/#59d933df5cf6

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There is no way this isn't true.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Then bust their ass, too.

4. Tenacious D

If it were a book, I'd stop reading, believing it to be too unbelievably predictable.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What does the blue versus red font indicate?

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I thought blue was sarcasm?

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Interesting how those who are on the "fake news" tilt are so willing to promote a story which fits their viewpoint when it materializes.

Of course, there are a few things to note here.

1. The Russia issues were there well before "24 hours after the election".
    2. This still doesn't answer why Jr. and company were eagerly meeting with Russian contacts in order to gain dirt on Hillary.
    3. The Mueller investigation is still going and doesn't exist at the insistence of the Clinton campaign.

8. Tenacious D

Contrast. Or hyperlinks.

9. Tenacious D

Just say "Tenny".

1. I agree. The framing Trump as a Russian operative were mentioned in Podesta's leaked emails, months before.
    2. For dirt on Hillary.
    3. How does this alter the point of the story at all? It actually seems to support it.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

*ahem*

Could it be, however insane this sounds, that Russia was playing BOTH sides and maybe, just maybe, both sides were at fault?

Insane - no doubt - but wanted ot throw it out there.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Yep.

It's long been said that Russia worked with far left & far right. Jill Stein is getting scrutiny now.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You mean both Hillary and Bill?

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

side note -

I saw a Sevier Co tag truck with a Jill Stein 2016 sticker on it yesterday. I didn't know that was even legal in Sevier Co.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think I've seen the same truck. Can't be too many of them around.

15. JayVols

Probably one of them carpetbaggers that's trying to leech off Dolly's success.

16. JayVols

I'll also say that I found it interesting that Bernie went with Rand Paul as the only dissenting votes for harsher Russian sanctions.

No accusation, but it fits whispers (that I have no idea whether are true or not) I've heard the last few months.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is likely the truth. At least, this is how they operate in many other countries. You find the fringe groups or the political outliers, and you artificially intensify their "support."

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd be curious to see an analysis of some of his online support. I love the guy, but it does seem to fit the narrative of bot help...

19. JayVols

I'm convinced the Bernie Bros are nearly as deep in it as Trump. I mean, I agree with Bernie on some stuff, but I agree on individual issues with lots of people I don't care for.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who are the Bernie Bros?