Ending of Butch's press conference

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 25, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You are right, I typically don't like being around stupid people who think because they are idiots that the rest of us are as well.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I believe reactions would be better if it wasn't a guy who got blown out by dooley, never outright won a championship, and whose coaching philosophy was devoid of any depth of strategy.

If Jones left 3 years ago or right now, then ya we are better off than we were. If he stays long enough he will run this into the ground.

If you go from unemployed to minimum wage, you're better off. But if you took the minimum wage job over others with larger salaries then you aren't better off for making the minimum choice.

3. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

I appreciate that you haven't called me names as others have.

Butch has won...enough wins? No...but more than we have seen in a few years. I want championships as much as anybody. I also think we can do better in finding a coach than can get us there. However, I am not going to overlook Butch getting us into a better position than the mess we were in prior.

4. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

I didn't say I was cool, nor do I care if people think I am or not. Thanks though for the insult.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's going end up being paid around 26 million dollars for his 5 years here. He doesn't need my appreciation.

6. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Insults...predictable.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hope you don't use this logic in selecting medical care

8. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Umm...ok

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Perfectly stated.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't get measuring Butch by using Dooley's failures here.

Tennessee coaches should be held to the Neyland/Majors/Fulmer standard.

11. Tenacious D

Damn, leave Bob Shoop alone.

12. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

I didn't say he did. Is it his fault that the administration agreed to pay him that much?

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am not going to pat him on the back, either. Only one person in 30 years has failed to recruit here, and that was Dooley. Many people are so traumatized by those three years they forget this. It is beaten wife syndrome.

He had no business ever getting this job in the first place and is going to leave here a multimillionaire. Wish him well and bonvoyage.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

You generalize. I hated Jones because I thought he was an overhyped jughead that survived by riding Brian Kelly's coattails, plus a bunch of nonsensical propaganda, which is why we stole him from Colorado instead of, say, Texas. Five years has simply proven that impression right.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Butch put in the work. Production is what matters in the market place and he's always failed in getting the most out of his teams.

Recruiting at Tennessee isn't hard if you put in the work. He's done and some other things well. But if Tennessee is going to be better off after his tenure, that window is quickly closing.

16. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

I agree...but I think we can all agree that UT was a total mess when Butch arrived.

17. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Don’t be stupid. We hated him because he can’t coach a lick.

19. Tenacious D

Welp. Problem solved, indeed.

He posts here because he wants to be right, and proven to be more sensibly reasonable in needing to see things play out longer than anyone here required before we called it.

He's just wrong, and there's no defending himself. But he knows that.

20. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

He's 14-****ing 19.