The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I get that Currie probably has reasons for the delay. However, he should realize that Butch’s continued employment is torture to the vast majority of the fan base without sources or inside information.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Since it looks like Butch is here for the Kentucky game, I almost want him to remain here for Southern Miss in what will presumably be a game with poor attendance. I want the people in power to feel the contempt of the fan base for how they’ve allowed the program to be dragged through the mud.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i really don't understand why he hasn't been fired. this benefits no one.

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

There has to be a legitimate answer to this question, but I can't imagine what it would be...

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Apparently, Hyams said that Currie was willing to endure fan criticism over keeping Jones if he felt it was for the best long term to the program. I can't imagine what he would see that's beneficial, but he will catch hell very shortly if that's his position.

6. Savage Orange

If Currie is being contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian...that's not going to go over very well. Like a fart in church, I'd say...

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

12:05, [uck fay] currie

8. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Recruiting, salvaging some small portion of this year, showing the fans that you care about winning. Lots of reasons to fire him after Georgia.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there are some ads that don't believe in firing a coach midseason, but i've never understood why.

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Go Kentucky I guess.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This is a winnable game, even for an incompetent coaching staff. That tells me that Currie is content letting Butch finish the season.

Hard to fathom. I hope Tennessee fans send a message with an empty neyland for the remainder of Butchs tenure.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's been said many times that Gruden doesn't want to appear to be pushing a coach out. He may have told Currie to keep him in place a little while since he was just seen at the game yucking it up not too long ago.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i dunno. if he takes the job, parading around town like he did recently would look a lot better if butch was fired.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Beating Kentucky and Vanderbilt is not a salvage your job type of performance for a UT coach. It's sort of like my six year old wanting credit for not shitting with the toilet lid down or my wife not demanding me to do some house chore with 45 seconds left in a game. These are bare minimum expectations.

15. cpninja

cpninja Member

There is no reason to keep Butch employed past Bama. There was little reason to keep him past UGA, but I could kinda understand the bad optics about firing a coach in september. But after UGA, SC and Bama, there is no defensible reason. Everyone knows Butch is done. There is no charade of Currie having secrecy to do his work behind the scenes. It's about as sneaky as one of Butch's no-read options. All it really does is keep the fanbase pissed off that they haven't gotten blood yet.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Currie is dumb.

17. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Saw this today...in last 11 games

Jones and harbaugh are
    6-5 overall
    29.2 and 24.4 win %
    -1 and -5 turnover diff
    1 win against top 25

18. Savage Orange

Wuf...

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

There is nothing similar between Butch Jones and Harbaugh.

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

What's your endgame here?