President Trump Work & Drug Tests for Subsidies

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Apr 12, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's actually pretty fascinating.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just the policy. If they fought all of the ones cheating the system they would spend a crazy amount in law fees and overtime to investigate it.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

But if it becomes known you can't just get away with it, the rate of abuse will decrease.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

These people will do more work to ever get out of work. They’ll continue to do so. No matter who gets busted in front of them.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

For those that do not support Drug testing; what should someone who is getting government assistance be accountable for (i.e., search for work, get marketable skills, children's attendance in school, etc.)?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they're unemployed and able to work, they should be searching for employment.

JayVols likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's not vilifying the poor

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It is as it's based upon an assumption of something happening due to socioeconomic status rather than a fact of something that is occurring.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've met very few people that seemed clearly capable of holding a job and didn't that I also didn't have a suspicion there was drug use as well. I'm guessing it's a 95% or higher rate.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So, when a company drug tests their employees, is that vilifying the working?

warhammer and kmf600 like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If you want something free, you should be able to meet the standard set forth to get free stuff.

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

That sounds like work

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

But, that's not the discussion. The discussion is the creation of that standard.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We're at a point where changing something creates victims, except gun laws. It's bullshit

kmf600 likes this.
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have no problems with drug testing those getting government assistance. If you can afford narcotics, you obviously a) don't need assistance or b) are spending that assistance on drugs and not food/family.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's more expensive than the aid they receive in some cases.

kidbourbon likes this.
  17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's a perfect situation. [itch bay] and moan about disability fraud, but unwilling to report it. It's like abortion. Rs have had several chances to address abortion on the federal level, yet it's still here. It's a campaign issue that's not to be relinquished.*

*If the Dems can be accused of not wanting anything done on DACA because it's campaign issue, then we can play the welfare/disability/abortion card. Turnabout is fair play, I've heard.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We seriously going to play the game about not being able to [itch bay] and moan unless you are actively working to correct a situation?

Have our board Democrats been hard at work helping to fix the broken ass UTAD?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which party is Governor Haslam in, again?

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The one that had a ton of lawmakers call the UT brass to keep Schiano off campus. But I’m pretty sure you knew from the context of Jay and my own posts that I was referring to the general public democrats, not politicians. What are you guys doing to make UT better. It better be huge, or else you guys need to quit [itch bay]ing and just enjoy sucking forever.