Coming Soon.......The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 20, 2013.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Secret War and the Beyonder. That's how we eventually get Venom in the comic book.

lylsmorr likes this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i think i remember reading something about that, they had originally intended to call them parts 1 & 2 but decided it was better not to

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Batman will save them all, duh.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And Rocky Grimm, Space Ranger!

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It ends with everyone dead and the universe destroyed except for Howard the Duck who is stuck in a post apocolyptic limbo. The screen goes black. The credits roll, and in a post credits scene, Stan Lee in shown in a bed waking up in a confused state to find Wolverine in the shower. He realizes all MCU movies and other properties were just a dream and that the characters should be introduced into the 20th Century Fox universe where the X Men reside.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I’m speechless

justingroves likes this.
  7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Oooh. Another Marvel nerd. I knew I liked you. The Secret Wars comic series was awesome.

justingroves likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Sicario 2 in June. Equalizer 2 in July.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Seen IW yet?

10. JayVols

I haven't been able to watch all the Marvel movies and lead up to Infinity War for one reason or another- haven't seen Iron Man 3, Ant Man, Black Panther & have only watched the 1st Thor movie. I think that's all, but there's probably more.

Anyway, I was concerned how this might effect me when I go see Infinity War. I don't want to wait until I catch up on all these movies before I go. If I do that, I'll be watching Infinity War on blu-ray or dvd after it has left theaters....(Don't ask. My life is, ummm, complicated most of the time.) I found a quick read that I think can help me bridge any gaps that might exist for me. If you're in my shoes, I hope this helps you as well.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/04/entertainment/marvel-infinitywar-timeline/

11. JayVols

Nope. At the ball field watching my daughter every day. See my post just before this one.

12. JayVols

I'll probably go see it with my buddies on my Hatteras trip Memorial Day week. That will most likely be my 1st opportunity. Looking forward to seeing it.

13. JayVols

It's been a refreshing change of pace getting to be just a dad/spectator.

I'd be lying if I didn't say that it was extremely frustrating at times knowing I couldn't do anything about what was happening on the field as far as strategy and such goes. But I refuse to be THAT dad. My brother-in-law is the assistant principal/coach of her middle school team. He is my walleye fishing buddy 99% of the time & we vacation together, but I've spoken maybe 20 words to him all season. I don't want to fuel any controversy over my daughter and/or appearances of meddling because of my past coaching deals. I take a chair, set it up in left field where I'm all by myself & keep my mouth shut/emotions in check. I usually say less than 50 words to other people at the games

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm a huge marvel nerd.

JayVols likes this.
  15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not missing much with Iron Man 3. I don’t think there’s a ton to know with the other movies other than that there are a bunch of infinity gems floating around out there and they’ve all been tied to one or more of our Marvel heroes at some point. I haven’t actually seen Infinity War, but I doubt the plot is all that complicated.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The first Guardians of the Galaxy explains the infinity stones pretty well.

lylsmorr likes this.
  17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Just finished Infinity Wars.

18. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Finally watched hateful eight. Entertaining, but certain not QT's best effort.

19. JayVols

I finally watched Guardians about 2 weeks ago.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I remember seeing it in the theater and thinking, "Is that it?" at the end. I thought it was great up front, but it turned into a chore to sit through at the end.