Coming Soon.......The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 20, 2013.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think part of it is that the demographic is so wide. You are capturing old comic book fans, along with a constantly replenishing pool of kids that then grow up, now being fans of the genre.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Plus, you've got Marvel making the movies Stan Lee always wanted to make. This is his dream, but he had to sell movie rights to a lot of franchises to keep Marvel from going under in the late 90's. They're slowly getting everything under one roof, that's why there's been 5 spiderman movies with three lead actors over a 15 year span.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Two Marvel movies are upcoming in the next six weeks or there about, Deadpool and the next Avengers movie. You have more anticipation for which one, and which one are you more likely to see in the theater?

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Avengers and Avengers. I've heard bad things about Deadpool 2. And I've spent this much time on Marvel movies, I may as well see the finale of the storylines thus far

justingroves likes this.
  5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Hereditary on June 8th. Can’t wait.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Deadpool 2 seems to be a carbon copy of Deadpool with a few more B list mutants

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And Peter.

justingroves likes this.
  8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Both!

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Indeed. Don’t think I’ve been to a theater since Rogue One. But I’ll venture out for both Infinity Wars and Deadpool. And I don’t really care if Deadpool isn’t very different than the original. The first one was really good.

Volgrad98 likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I haven't been to the theater since Seabiscuit and Speed Racer 3D

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

"A Quiet Place". Two thumbs up.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm trying not to read any spoilers, but the "shock ending" in the reviews should be everybody dies in Infinity War

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Warlock grabs the Infinity Gauntlet and destroys the Universe. The End.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No spoilers please. I've gone this long without them.

And that would be one of the comic book endings, for sure.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m guessing Mike Matheny leaves Captain America in too long and forces Iron Man to pitch to Thanos with nobody out and the bases loaded, and he hits a walk off double

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is Inifinity War going to wrap up in this movie, or is there second part planned?

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The reviews predict a part 2

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was always going to be a two part deal, the 2nd one comes out next year.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I thought I remembered reading that, but didn't notice a "Part 1" or something attached to this title. I wonder if they considered it and decided it might hurt their ticket sales a bit.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, I recall reading another mega-story kind of like Inifinity War, but for the life of me can't remember what it was called. Some super powerful being from another dimension brings a bunch of the galaxy's heroes and villains together and makes them fight each other on this isolated planet. Avengers, X-Men, Spiderman, and a few others vs. Dr. Doom, Galactus, and other baddies.