MLB

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, Aug 13, 2015.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You know, I have literally no idea what that was about because I was laughing too hard at Bryant and Rizzo tickling Starkin Castro.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It looked much worse. They didn’t even have bad words is what I was told. But from across the diamond you think it’s about to go down.

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Robinson Cano suspended 80 games for PEDs

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

A diuretic.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Always a dead giveaway.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I love when they say that it was a mistake and they should have been more careful. Go see doc, hand doc list of banned things, tell him to prescribe what was on there.

Of course, him not fighting this at all tells you all you need to know.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He knew and it was PEDs. The diuretic masks them and plus gives them an out for when they get caught.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Got a lot of cubs fans in this joint.... what’s your all’s recommendations for trip to wrigley for a 2 game series with a dad and a 6 year old who will unfortunately be in a damn Rizzo jersey? We are buying a CTA 3 day pass so we will be taking train to game. Staying near what used to be Sears tower.

Restaurants, etc.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Obviously you have a very bright and well cultured son.

NYY likes this.
  11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ll give you some recs later, when I have some time to think.

I could think many worse players for your son to idolize than Anthony Rizzo.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Ok, so is it day games or night games? I ask because I can reccomend day stuff to do if you need it.

For food, you really only need two things - Italian beef and deep dish pizza.

For Italian beef everybody is gonna say Al’s, and that fine, because it’s good, but my personal favorite is Luke’s and it about a block from the Sears tower.

For pizza, skip all the chain joints (Malnati’s and Giordano’s) and go to Pequods. It’s a bit of a walk from the Fullerton station (Red Line) and it takes some time to get your food, but I promise you it is worth it.

If you have some time, go to Harry Carray’s, but make sure it’s the OG one on W Kinzie. He’s got a ton of great memorabilia there.

Good call on the CTA, but beware of pick pockets on the train leaving the game. I’ve been to a half dozen games in the last few years and twice somebody has called out they got robbed. The train gets pretty packed, and while they like to target women mostly, just be aware.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Also, as far a Wrigleyville goes, the further away you get from the ball park, the cheaper the food and beers get.

A beer at Murphy’s is a must though.

Where are your seats? I can give tips there too if you haven’t bought.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It’s both night games. And I won’t know seats until this weekend. They are free to us.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Free seats are even better.

The Sears Tower skydeck is worth a visit. Try to buy tickets in advance. Shedd Aquarium is a favorite of mine. Buckingham Fountain and Cloud Gate are notable destinations that don’t require money. Don’t know how much sightseeing you want to do, so look into one of those City Passes that let’s you into all sorts of places for one fee.

16. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Field Museum is pretty cool for kids and adults, too. I remember liking that place growing up.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

What I do know is day one we are meeting my buddy for lunch. He has to be at the park by 5:30 central. 7:05 game Tuesday. 8:05 Wednesday and will be on ESPN. And I imagine they will be good seats. We have to go to will call to pick them up.

Our hotel is Hyatt Regency Chicago on Wacker Drive. From the looks of it, we will be around some fun things.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

40 bucks for a 4th row seat at Wrigley behind cards dugout in 03 is #2 on the all time ticket coup list for me.

19. NashVol11

Holy hell, but also I’ll bite...what’s #1?

20. NashVol11

I also want to know how tf that happened, but I’m assuming friends in high places