POLITICS Back to School

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by warhammer, Jul 3, 2018.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My kids elementary school had Christ for Kids before school every Thursday. I imagine if they wanted my kids could start a daily meditation before school as well.

In fact it was parent led. And I am ok with that.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Not sure why a coach has to get all the kids together to pray to god. He can take a moment to do it in his head, I assume god would still hear it.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, and they do. FCA, Meet at the Pole, all kinds of stuff. It's just not supposed to be led by school officials or sponsored by the school. Kids can pray whenever the hell they want and, in fact, we have Muslim kids at my school where we make accommodations for them to have a space for their daily prayers. The lines are blurred, too, in my opinion, especially in the South.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some people enjoy a good festival.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Objective reality?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

FCA here has to meet offsite

8. Ssmiff

Kids have been suspended for praying, meeting to pray, saying "bless you", etc.

9. NorrisAlan

Did the school not want to allow another religion access, this had to kill all access? That is the only reason I can think this is true.

10. Unimane

We have it in our school library and many schools do the same. I find it dubious on a legal level for them to do it, but no one really ever challenges it.

11. NorrisAlan

Sue the school. I would raise holy hell if my kids were suspended for that.

12. Ssmiff

Probably a litigation decison

13. Unimane

Where? There is, either, more to the story than simply praying or the kids have a case for 1st amendment violations.

14. NorrisAlan

As long as they offer equal access, I have zero issues and don't see any legal problems.

15. Ssmiff

I googled, "kids in trouble at school for praying", after I asked about kids praying in school.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Edit: nvm misread the author

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Link me. Free lawsuit money if true. I know that's false in every school with an FCA. Definitely false for my school where we were forced to do extra work if we declined to attend a crusade in the park across the street (the school lost a lawsuit on that later). I find it impossible to believe saying "bless you" would lead to a suspension. Back that up.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

That was smiff who said that, wasn't it? Alan disagreed with that notion.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is the name of this school?

20. Ssmiff