POLITICS Back to School

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by warhammer, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Like I said, every time I hear a story like this, there's always some critical detail missing in the story, usually connected to the behavior of the student. On the few occasions that an admin was too zealous in regards to religion, the student has an excellent and easy win lawsuit at their disposal.

2. Unimane

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

4. Ssmiff

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

6. Unimane

https://www.au.org/blogs/wall-of-se...right-claims-about-prayer-at-colo-high-school

Again, the real story is different than the sob story presented by the news agency that brought us "The War on Christmas". The key part in all of this is "instructional time" and the kids should have been supervised. The school sounds as if they got sloppy in regards to supervision, but instructional time is the responsibility of the teacher and they can't lead religious activities.

7. Unimane

I do, though I may be wrong and it could have been, incorrectly, said by the sub. However, the principal said it was for disruption and that I do believe, especially after dealing with teens of that age for years, knowing how the story gets bent to fit a sense of victimization in nearly all of these cases.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Words on a wall aren't forcing anyone to do anything

9. Ssmiff

A blog by a writer with an agenda isnt proof of anything. Its a reach for rationalization.

10. Ssmiff

What principal is going to tell a blogger or reporter, "yes, she told her no godly words allowed". Silly to think she would say that to anyone and open up a class action lawsuit.

11. Unimane

As opposed to posting an opinion piece by a Fox News writer?

12. Ssmiff

All good discussion. Headed for a drink and some firecrackas. At least we didnt receive this today Screenshot_2018-07-04-17-17-59.png

13. Unimane

It's a reach and still probably a weak case, especially if it's just about saying "bless you".

Look, I get the Christian victimization cause has a number of adherents, but the actual instances of, supposed, rights violations are exceptionally few (Which is why youre citing a story from 4 years ago) and nearly all manufactured outrage. Christians have it perfectly fine and easy in this country, only running into a small amount of resistance when some of them feel the levers of authority should be used to enforce their religious views on others.

14. Unimane

Then why bother?

15. NorrisAlan

It is acting from authority and has some effect, imho. Words matter and who says them matters even more

16. Ssmiff

Dont the scouts require belief in God, pray, etc?

17. NorrisAlan

Yes. Buy they are a private organization and had no bearing on this discussion.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who says "godly" that isn't religious?

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Fake news?

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree, it's a waste of time. It makes a section of people feel better, who usually aren't living Godly lives.

You are around high schoolers, do you think they give a shit about words on a wall?