POLITICS Gubernatorial Primary

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Joseph Brant, Aug 2, 2018.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Its poison.

2. GahLee

For sure. Legit no-go zones. I have also imagined it is like The Wire. They dont call it Chiraq for nothing. It is a literal war zone.

3. GahLee

And thanks for the aside there.

emainvol likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Because killing 70 illegals at the border would be synonymous with the Chicago police department going into a slum and, without trial, shooting 70 gang members in the street. It would be the abuse of power by the State. And while in both cases 70 people die, one would be far more dangerous overall, that of the State executing people in the street.

emainvol likes this.
  5. GahLee

Why assume the Breitbart /fox news angle?

6. GahLee

I'm not sure a hypothetical is needed here. The actual situations are plenty dire enough.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

He literally responded to your hypothetical.

8. GahLee

True. He just took it a step further I guess.

9. NorrisAlan

I am not sure how it is a step further. They are identical hypothetical situations. The state kills 70 people without trial. And it would be an abuse of the State, which is far more dangerous situation to the populace than 70 drug dealers dying because of gang wars.

Both situations are sad in that 70 people die, but one has more far reaching ramifications.

10. GahLee

Well, what is happening in Chicago is real and seems to be accepted as the way it is. The other is a hypothetical, in which the outcry would be endless. I think those folks deserve the same amount of attention and some sort of relief. Not going to pretend I even know where to begin with giving relief to a situation like that. Where to begin?

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

She doesn't. If she did, then she wouldn't spend the whole conversation from the beginning as a "liberals are bad" diatribe and snark rather than some actual damn concern or solutions for the situation. Instead, she just uses this incident as her latest prop in her shtick.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The federal government didn't shoot 70 Chicagoans

13. NorrisAlan

Legalizing drugs.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because cnn and other mainstream news cover these shootings, so I assumed you must not watch them

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Not a huge fan of the video games, but I'd like to try that inebriation thing

justingroves and fl0at_ like this.
  16. GahLee

Really? I'm not sure how that helps.

17. GahLee

If one takes in to consideration just the latest episode in Philadelphia with her and Kirk it is no wonder she would lead with that. She has an agenda but that doesn't mean she doesn't care.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Anyone following the west Virginia impeachment of their supreme court justices?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes. It's pretty worrisome that it went from removing one to all of them.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't think the self-correction on the extreme tribalism on both sides is going to be a fun ride.

That's why the democracy talk over our republic is a little troubling to me.