POLITICS John McCain, the Loss of an American Hero

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by JayVols, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Nope.

McCain had sufficient gumption to serve, and Trump did not.

No contest there.

2. Tenacious D

Then debunk it’s “dipshitted(ness)”, I guess.

Or start with reading it. Or not.

And who’s shouting?

3. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

How about instead of parroting your hero’s stupid ass talking points you take a breath, pump the breaks, and just let the man’s body cool before you start in with the “he’s not a real hero” horseshit?
    Is that really so damn hard? Are you so proud of Trump that you really want to stoop to that level?

Do you not have any shame?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    JayVols likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Everyone breaks under interrogation and torture.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel absolutely fine.

7. Tenacious D

Meh.

You can wait as long as you’d like, but he’s never going to be a war hero.

This has zero to do with Trump, and everything to do with a scheister who collaborated with our enemy.

8. Tenacious D

No, they don’t.

9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Not really a question of how I feel. All I'm saying is that when citing info to back your position, that first link you provided is weak.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I am not going to comment on his post. I wanted to pay tribute to a man, however imperfect he was, who walked what he talked. I won't sully the tribute by getting into a tit for tat over that.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

As they say, there’s usually 3 sides to every story...

NorrisAlan and VolDad like this.
  12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What are your thoughts on him refusing to leave his fellow POWs when he had a chance?

JayVols likes this.
  13. Tenacious D

There are undoubtedly countless and good reasons for the Dems to hold a very special place in their hearts for Sen. John McCain ( -AZ).

14. JayVols

You really have lost all sense of decency.

So disappointing.

Reply if you want. I've already said more than I wanted to in this situation. I won't reply.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He’s trolling.

16. JayVols

That makes my statement even more valid.

17. Tenacious D

Simple - this would be both a brave and correct decision or anyone to make.

It's particularly surprising, but no less laudable, for McCain to have made that decision, given that by his own admission, he had previously hoped to secure advanced medical treatment for himself via an offer to exchange intelligence with our enemy, and which would have also removed him from those same prisoners (each with their own injuries, infirmities, torturous treatment, etc.....but none who had an Admiral as a father, and was in charge of naval operations in that area, save one, insofar as I am aware).

I sincerely - sincerely - wish that he would have been at least as concerned in standing in spirit with the future pilots whose lives he gravely endangered, as he was in standing and staying with his fellow prisoners, on the ground. And I similarly and sincerely - sincerely - wish he would have been at least as concerned with standing in solidarity with every member of our armed forces, and of our shared country, instead of desiring to do regular interviews with French and Cuban publications and thereby aiding the enemies' propaganda efforts.

But, hey, more free coffee, cigarettes and oranges for me, I guess.

Smoke'em if you got'em.

I get that mine isn't a popular take - particularly as the guy just died, and as the resident libs are making a concertedly desperate effort to prop him up as an example of some sort of bipartisan lion and "What we need in Washington" (many of the same who championed Obama's unilateral actions....running roughshod over Congress, and which - spoiler alert - included John McCain....and who've become little more than animated caricatures of the very things they now claim that McCain opposed, and which they so sincerely appreciated him for) - but that's cool, and we can disagree.

Like I said, I am certain that his funeral will be heavily attended, and that his many services will be highly honored. For those of you who believe him worthily deserving of that, I not only hope that it brings you both comfort and solace, but that John McCain rests in perfect peace.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm not going to judge what someone may or may have not done or said while being tortured. Most of us would have sung like a bird or not made it thru mentally or physically.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

McCain voted with Trump 83% of the time and the "resident libs" still have praise for the man, so, perhaps, there's something a little deeper going there, especially after noting how they didn't always agree with him.

tvolsfan and JayVols like this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He still believed in what has become the cardinal sin of politics:

compromise.

JayVols likes this.