POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I used it the same way you did. Unless you think 1% is going to carry the day. Franchise- "freedom from servitude or restraint."

You wanna argue 1% is more significant than >50%, on the opinions? Have at it.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Disenfranchise - marginalize - treat (a person, group, or concept) as insignificant or peripheral.

You want to marginalize 800,000 people by saying they are "nobody". How were 53 million people "marginalized" in 2016

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Because of the Constitution?

zehr27 and VolDad like this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Thoughts on the Turkish journalist (who worked for the Washington Post, not that I think that matters in this case, tbh) getting Fargo'd in the Saudi consulate and Trump basically going "not our place to say anything"? $100 million in funds for Syria arrive in US before Pompeo lands to talk to Saudi Prince.

Shouldn't we be leading in this stuff, expounding on Free Speech and Freedom of the Press? Obviously we have no power in this situation, per se, but damn, we could at least be taking a stand for human rights.

Am I misunderstanding what is going on with this whole thing?

5. NorrisAlan

More like the local states that do a "winner take all" with their Electoral College votes.

It is bullshit. I don't mind the Electoral College, but someone getting 51% of the votes in a state shouldn't land them 100% of the Electoral Votes. It basically 'disenfranchises' anyone voting for a non-Republican in Tennessee.

6. CardinalVol

Meh.

That said, I wish states would do it by congressional district and the top vote getter in the state gets the bonus 2 votes for winning the state.

7. NorrisAlan

May I ask why "meh"? I think it is a valid argument.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because they are treated as "nobody" in the exact same way as these hypothetical 800k are.

Or are you pretending like Dooz or myself are denying them the right to support him? Boy, there'd be a conjuring of a position. "Hey guys! Dooz doesn't even think these A supporters are human! What a monster these libs are! First they support Avanetti and then they deny avanetti supporters the right to have an opinion or vote!"

Give me a [uck fay]ing break, with this incoherent Frankenstein hunting.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The heavily gerrymandered congressional districts? Ya, no thanks.

10. cpninja

cpninja Member

Twas just a fake news journalist. Nothing to see, move along citizen.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Give me a [uck fay]ing break. Dooz said - "Nobody was, is or will be taking this guy seriously."; and I showed where at least 800K take him seriously and you got your panties in a wad.

12. CardinalVol

They are given a right to vote under the laws of the land.

Is a Republican in California disenfranchised because his vote essentially doesn't matter? I would say no.

13. CardinalVol

They aren't gerrymandered both ways?

There aren't gives and takes for both sides in this?

Give me a break.

14. CardinalVol

And no one wants to admit that if he did take down Trump he'd be polling at 30% or greater.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

You have estimated 800k may take him seriously, out of hundreds of millions, because your panties were in wad due to it being 1% rather than 0% in a poll. I also would like to be given a [uck fay]ing break.

I propose we just let it go, the primaries will suss it out either way.

16. CardinalVol

Heck, I'd even be fine with proportioning the states with popular vote for the house electorals and the bonus 2 for the state winner. That would theoretically allow 3rd parties to receive electorals.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

They absolutely are. Maryland is a good example of D gerrymandering.

Until that issue is better addressed, I don't want to compound it.

18. NorrisAlan

And I would say yes. I think it is completely unfair that if you are a Republican in California or New York that you are in the same boat that a Democrat is in most of the middle of the USA.

Your vote means jack squat in the only national election we have, and I find that reprehensible.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No you’re trying to play gotcha by using some minuscule, barely registering number and he’s calling you on it.

But if you want me to appease you I’ll refine my statement:

(The figurative) Nobody was, is, or will be taking him seriously.

Are you happy now Amelia Bedilia?

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Saudi Arabia is not our friend; never has been. I understand Trump does not want to hurt American workers but something must be done. He was a United States resident. The Kings son appears to be flexing his muscle and needs to be set straight.

I do not know the best way to accomplish that. If Trump doesn't take the lead then Congress needs to.

gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.