POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

VolDad is probably the least likely person on the site to get his panties in a wad.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

he goes commando?

gcbvol and VolDad like this.
  3. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Why should we respond to the journalist's death? Is it our responsibility to sanction any threat to free press around the world?

He was not a U.S. citizen. I just don't see why its any of our business.

4. NorrisAlan

Because we stand for something in this country. We are (or were) the Shining City on the Hill. Because the world is a small place and nothing happens that doesn't affect us. Not anymore.

I am not saying we need to go to war, but make a statement. Let them know this is not the way things are done in modern society and if you want to do business with us, you better get your act together.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I understand what you are saying and could agree except he was a resident of the US, he worked for a US Company, and he was a journalist. When I add all three together I can see why we would.

justingroves likes this.
  6. RevBubbaFlavel

I see your point as well, and don;t think its necessarily "bad" considering what sort of response it entails.

Perhaps I should have said that our response should be carefully measured as opposed to "do nothing."

Another consideration on this is how the Saudi's have seemingly moved more towards American interests recently (siding with Israel over Iran, for instance). I understand the idea that such a move could be temporary, but its still a big move. To push the Saudis away over what is internal politics seems foolish imo.

7. RevBubbaFlavel

Being the shining city on the hill would necessitate, imo, doing nothing. We shouldn't strong arm countries into accepting our ideas of freedom, democracy, free press, etc. Instead we should set the example.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you murder a resident of the United states, there needs to be consequences.

tvolsfan likes this.
  9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

10. cpninja

cpninja Member

"obnoxious" is an interesting word to choose for Wahhabism

VolDad likes this.
  11. NorrisAlan

Oh, well, jobs. Why didn't you say so? I take it all back.

12. RevBubbaFlavel

VolDad likes this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This. There would be people drooling for days over him.

14. NorrisAlan

I am sure there would be, and it would be a disaster. Dude has zero governance experience and would just be another moron in office.

I want a statesman in the Oval Office.

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

He loves how they deal with the gays, though.

VolDad and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Nothing like voicing your approval of a white nationalist. To be fair, Steve King has been a piece of shit for a long time.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Live by the sword, die by the sword

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Dead men tell no tales.