NC Amendment 1 Passes (Constitutionally Prevents Gay Marriage)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 8, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

No, I'm telling you that you are a great example of the entitlement mentality that has turned us into a nation of whiners. You think you're entitled for someone else to give a [uck fay] about your moral code. You're not.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'd like to read your further comments. Please, comment away.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Entitlement mentality? Maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that "don't murder" was on the moral code of every sane human being. Your argument would then be that abortion is not murder, which I find hard to believe.

4. hatvol96

Murder is a legal concept. Find me a state criminal code which includes Constitutionally protected medical procedures in their definitions of murder. I won't hold my breath waiting for you to find that.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just because the Constitution protects the medical procedure of abortion right now doesn't mean that it's right. There have been other issues in the past that have been Constitutionally protected but have changed as time went on.

6. hatvol96

Which comments? That it's uttely laughable to compare the illegal slaughter of a viable, living adult human being to a legal medical procedure? That your fervent wish to be able to impose your moral code on others is pretty much the underpinning of every totalitarian society on earth?

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think late term abortion is an abomination, but i have no idea when it becomes said abomination. I do know i don't have much of a problem with it when the fetus is 1 ounce and no more human than a rat (actually a lot more similar to a rat than a human). but we all have our opinions. but comparing to killing an adult is a bit silly. an early fetus doesn't have a brain to speak of and barely a heartbeat. trust me i know since my wife had to have ultrasounds every week in her first trimester.

8. hatvol96

Let's see. I can go with the concept that a procedure validated by the Constitution is alright or adopt the moral code of people who can't seem to understand the concept of personal privacy. Pretty easy decision on my end.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

But it's not a rat. 100 times out of 100, if the fetus is not aborted, it will grow into your opinion of what a human is. It will never grow into a rat. I don't see how that makes sense at all.

10. hatvol96

That's why there are significant limitations on access to late term abortions. The Bible thumping idiots marching around with their gory posters want America to believe it's common practice. It's anything but.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So hypothetically, if the Constitution validated murder, you'd go along with it? Would I be imposing my "moral code" on other people if I tried to tell them that the "Constitutionally validated" action of killing another human was wrong?

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think life starts in my scrotum as I know I can feel them in pain often.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes and if i didn't pull out a couple of times when i was in my 20s i'd have a couple of kids. if the egg gets fertilized, but doesn't implant, it fits that description as well, but few people call an iud a baby killer. my wife also had a miscarriage at 7 weeks. i suppose that's similar to someone dying from natural causes at 80 years old? they are both humans right?

14. hatvol96

For me to entertain a hypothetical, it must have some basis in reality. Try all you want to pass a pile of goo inside a woman's body off as the equivalent of a living, breathing human being. Sane people everywhere will take a pass on joining you on that limb.

15. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Of course it's my concern just as it's every society's responsibility to apply a moral code. As I sit and watch my 2 yr old daughter walk around sucking her thumb while looking at an ultrasound picture of her doing the exact same thing, I think her well-being before she was born should be your concern as well.

16. hatvol96

Similar, hell. According to Indy, they are exactly the same.

17. hatvol96

Why should it be my concern? It's not my body that has to carry her. It's not my responsibility to take care of her if she's born. When she became an actual human being, then I concern myself with whether or not she's properly protected under law. Until then, I leave it to the people who actually have to live with the decision.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this is why i'm completely in favor of eliminating most abortions past the first trimester. she has no thumb to suck at 8 weeks. if this is the first time you remember her looking "human" i'm not sure why you don't agree with me.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

When was that?

20. hatvol96

When the doctor slapped her ass and she started breathing. It's not nearly as complex an issue as the anti-freedom and privacy crowd wants it to be.