POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's clear as day that's what he meant. sorry you disagree.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so as long as you aren't using the actual term it's not racist? that goes directly against everything you've said in this thread about trump.

Indy likes this.
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, tell me, dros, why do 90+% of African-Americans vote Democrat, in your opinion?

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

good marketing.

5. Unimane

Ah, so they aren't smart enough to figure it out for themselves and vote "right" (Wink, wink)? I got you. Man, what a disgusting thing to say.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

most people are idiots. it's hardly confined to one race. just look how easily obama convinced the middle class they were getting screwed by the rich? everyone wants to believe there is a boogyman, that doesnt' make them exist.

Indy likes this.
  7. Unimane

There are idiots, but 90% or more of a group don't vote the way they do simply because of a good selling job. Just like Democrats failing with rural whites, people vote upon those whom they feel reflect their interests and address the issues they feel are important the them as a group and the country as a whole.

My first statement was deliberately provocative (And channeling my inner Tenny in his usual tome regarding "stupid liberals") to prove a point, but it is true the issues deemed important by a significant portion of African-Americans are not addressed or considered important by most Republicans. Plus, Republicans do support black Republicans who do not press them on those issues.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

of course they do. why are nike's 3X the price as other shoes? good marketing. particularly if you'd had that good marketing for decades. you hear something from birth you tend to believe it.

what issues are republicans ignoring?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and i'll give you that the republicans have done a far poorer job over the prior 50+ years pretending they care about black people than the democrats. that doesn't make that reality though.

10. Unimane

Does it? It sounds a lot like pretentious liberals do when lamenting how white people in Kansas foolishly "vote against their interest".

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

same thing.

12. Unimane

Some of it is marketing, but people still choose to spend their money on it and aren't necessarily drones repeating messaging without understanding why. Same with politics. When Republicans consciously decided to go after the disaffected white vote in the 1970s, black voters were paying attention (Even though the vote had been going Democratic since the Depression). Plus, there were concerns about the drug war and sentencing, prison reform, poverty and a host of other issues identified often by various African-American political advocates and candidates. There's, obviously, a lot of other things, but black voters clearly think Democrats more closely align with where they stand.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and what have democrats done to help these concerns? how much is just marketing and how much is real?

14. Unimane

Don't know, ask them. They seem to disagree with your assessment of their own communities.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

how so?

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Is Nike a good shoe? I don't own any, but it kinda goes against your argument if it's a good shoe.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i've found them to kind of suck and not last long, but i haven't worn them for a long time.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

So marketing got you in, but a bad product made you leave?

That's how I'd generally picture it, so that's consistent with my thought. Carry on.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator